• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shouldn't you get more/better for 18K ?

sheggaw

I was looking at this link, it got to be a bimmer brother stuff, but their site seems to be down. Despite that this is a "choice 2002", shouldn't one get at the very least a nicely aligned fender? I know it doesn't get any better than an Inka tii, but still, I think it is a bit over priced...

Has the price gone this much higher these days? been off the board for sometime now, but wow...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/951428627.html

rf.jpg

THOU SHALT DRIVE AN 02

.,..got to be a bimmer brother stuff, but their site seems to be down...

close to 100% that it's a Bimmer Bros auction, even if Bimmer Bros isn't functioning as such...........

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I'll be curious to see if this sells. There was a '73 Tii on eBay the other day (in Reno) that didn't even garner the reserve. Bidding topped out at $6,100. It wasn't restored, but looked to be in good condition. Tough times out there.

'71 Sahara (sold 2019)

'74 '02 (sold 1/09)

..some good points here.

I think you really cant tell by the pics....

Altho the economy is obviously down right now I think the 02 seller/market is changing /maturing a bit. With older euro cars being strong the past say 10 yrs or so ....and auctions on TV( like SPEED) exposing more and more to hi dollar older cars,..I think the really good 02's for 4-6k or so will become more and more rare. I think that price will bring solid - average cars....

The 02 market is slowly moving up.....albeit at a bad time. It may take a few years...but its happening now. Look for restored cars at Im guessing 12, 13k on up....tii's of course more. Im happy....its time.

New fenders (OEM and not Steve's prices) are around $500 each side. Early grills, each side, likewise. It isnt going to get any cheaper as cars are crushed and modified beyond (well whatever) 356s used to be a pretty cheap car until they disappeared and then got gobbled up. Here on the east coast, we are noticing some of the Porsche crowd buying into our little scene. Glad I have most of the ones I need (most of them anyway :)

In April this year it sold on Ebay out of Portland, OR, for $10,500. It has appeared on Ebay since (July thru' Sep) out of Irvine, CA, but no takers and the "buy it now" was $15,000. The only thing different about it now is that the "snorkel" it once had has been cut off (the hole's still there though).

There seems to be a cadre of Sellers in the SFO area that move cars around, Bimmerbros included.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I was looking at this link, it got to be a bimmer brother stuff, but their site seems to be down. Despite that this is a "choice 2002", shouldn't one get at the very least a nicely aligned fender? I know it doesn't get any better than an Inka tii, but still, I think it is a bit over priced...

Has the price gone this much higher these days? been off the board for sometime now, but wow...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/951428627.html

rf.jpg

this car is on 2002ad for 18 two?

When I was looking for a tii, Evan (of Bimmer Bros.) was showing the car I was interested in for 2002AD. If I recall correctly, they would "share" the cars for sale in order to generate more interest. It's a good marketing strategy.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

just the suckers or those with bailout money. Prices on non-daily driver '02s are going to drop in a depression, not go up. A good DD will be worth more than before as when one doesn't have the dough to lease or buy new cars, used cars that can be driven and repaired at a lower cost will be more valuable, but non-DDs won't be inflating anymore (other than a true rarity).

Deflation is the order of the day when everyone is out of work and money.

Dream on.