• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just curious

ariogul

ago--his is unique in that it's a US spec car with a US VIN, so the factory must have built 201 cars. According to what he learned, it was an overseas delivery car ordered by a US military member. When the car was being ordered, among the available options was "cabriolet." When the buyer asked what that meant, he was told checking that box and paying the option cost would get him a convertible. He did, and he did.

And it's a full US spec model...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yes I have. Rob Torres of 2002Haus had one that he owned for I guess about 10 years... recently sold his one of 200 real 2002 Voll Cabs....

http://www.2002haus.com/convertibles.htm

http://www.bmw-02-club.de/cabrio.htm

1600 Voll Cabs are relatively much more plentiful as they made over 1600 of them.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

motor, and I thought it had a US '02 VIN...But it's been four years since I've seen it, so...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite