• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupidest thing I've ever seen

SeanH

how about this?

3028546248_5ea5d65a15_o.jpg

if the throttle cable is broken, just have someone climb under your hood and operate the throttle for you!

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2008/11/determinationor-darwin.html

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

My throttle cable broke one time going home from school on my 66 Bug, so my friend sat on the rear bumper controlling the throttle while I steered it home (only about 1 mile though on side streets).

Rear bumper mounts were kinda rusty!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I still cannot believe I once drove by a man with a laptop against his steering wheel on a curvy section of highway in PA (30 East near York).

And for all those stupid tailgaters out there - I'm tempted to come up with a bumper sticker that says: "I have ABS - do you?" This of course, would not be applied to my older cars (LOL).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 weeks later...