• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point and steer ...American muscle folks, my BMW distraction

rns7602

After just shy of two years, I finished my first American car project, a 1963 Buick Riviera. I started this when my 02 was down and when I purchased a second e9 to try and avoid additional expenses. I am now stuck with all of them!

It's funny how everyone seems to go crazy over my new boat. Admittedly, I prefer my German toys but American cars are by and large, so much cheaper to work on. I'm looking forward to finally completeing the e9's in the weeks to come.

Cris, finally bro! Please hit me off line with an 02 alpina replica update or update the post as Im sure many would like to know.

rns

post-145-1366759506925_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)

Very nice car...Looks very mean with that sweet drop. Makes the one below look like grandpa's car. I am trying to sell a restored one here in Southern Cali if anyone is interested (good timing for this thread :). It is SUPER clean to say the least. Here is a slide show:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v629/mthreez/Riviera/?albumview=slideshow

CIMG5518.jpg

Email me off board if interested. Mthreez at gmail.com

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Too Bad none of those have 413 Wedges, Cross Ram Induction AND round taillights. Not pictures of my Grandfather's one but similar... Ours (it belongs to my Dad & I now) is rusty, white and hasn't run since I was very little.

Learn all about Cross Ram Induction...

http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/allaboutrams/allaboutrams.html

f1373637.jpg

f1340197.jpg

f1284357.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Justin, good to hear from you and thanks for the compliment. No offense taken. I'm happy to be done with it but have to complete the coupes. I finished the garage and installed the lift, so it will make things easier. If I don't finish up at least one of the coupes I won't drive up. It's both an incentive and punishment. I will have the Riv and possibly the 02 out to the Orchard Beach show on either 9/20 or 9/21 (I have to verify the date). I hear that is a little more fun than the Great Neck show. My cars are very clean and thought out but they aren't concours material or garage/trailer queens.

Mtriple, sweet Riv. I love the lines but the bone stock or OEM package doesn't do much for me; too much chrome. Good luck with the sale. Many folks love it as it rolled off the line. Rivs arent common and people will pay for good examples.

CD this has a 425 and it runs like a bat out of hell. I am not fond of the cornering though! Anyway, funny to see the American car guys come out of the closet.

Cris, thanks for the update. I replied and look forward to receiving shipment. Thanks for your time during the early stages of my Riv project.

post-145-13667595113431_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002: Chamonix (Anakin ... as in Vader)

1973 BMW 3.0 cs: Malaga and Polaris (OWAM & TBD)

1963 Buick Riviera (Vernal)

1935 Alaskan Malamutes (year of AKC recognition)