• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

think velcro will stand up to elements?

BLUNT

i need to mount HID ballasts on the back side of my front bumper. im at a loss as to how to secure them. do you think if i clean the inside surface of the bumper thoroughly velcro will hold the ballasts in place? if not, got any ideas???

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Double sided sticky tape by 3M will work better.

The new stuff is like superglue... Velcro may have issues with heat over time. I would agree that the double sided tape, the good expensive 3m kind, will hold up much better.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Double sided 3M High Strength tape, don't know the exact name in the retail world, but the package states it's okay outdoors and has a red liner. In the industrial world it is VHB tape. Make sure the surfaces are clean. 4 square inches of tape per pound of weight. Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

bolt ballasts to a flat piece of aluminum that's longer than the ballast, drill a hole in the aluminum plate, and fasten it to one of the bolts that holds the center bumper section to the end pieces. That's how my driving light brackets are mounted.

Or you can use one of the existing holes that hold the front license plate bracket.

I trust bolts more than glue, even though I know they glue F22s together.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite