• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLUNT WINS EVERYTHING AT WINDY CITY VINTAGEFEST

Dave3x72tii

Sounds like everyone had a great time. It's always nice to finally put faces to FAQ names. Maybe we can do a "redo" at the Meadowdale Raceway 50th Anniversary Sept 13/14.

mac.

Hey Blunt-

Not to bring you down, but just so you know your car doesn't have the original engine.

OK, that was lame. I am just jealous.

That is one unreal car - thanks for adding it to the '02 population. It is truly spectacular. It must be super-fun to drive.

Thanks again for the assist on getting the new alloys!

Scott in Cincy

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Great work Steve! The car looks awesome.

Glad that you are getting an opportunity to enjoy it. Snow starts falling in God's Country in what......6 weeks?

thanks guys. i hope to have 8k on it by the time the snow falls. with any luck we will be driving into november

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Glad that you are getting an opportunity to enjoy it. Snow starts falling in God's Country in what......6 weeks?

thanks guys. i hope to have 8k on it by the time the snow falls. with any luck we will be driving into november

8k? you can get part of that by driving it up to calgary so we can see it.

Thats a real beauty. Wow. I like the fuel tank. what did you do there?

2.5L build this winter?

i might get started on it but i still have one in college so i doubt it will get finished. talked to ben thongsai over the weekend and he expressed interest in building one for me. ill look at costs and see what way ill go.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

thanks, thats just a modified tii tank. i installed a fuel cell filler and deleted the side filler to try and prevent gas from ruining my paint.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

thanks, thats just a modified tii tank. i installed a fuel cell filler and deleted the side filler to try and prevent gas from ruining my paint.

How's that working out for you so far?

Great. and so the Tii sender still works and everything? I like it. You're pretty creative.

Great. and so the Tii sender still works and everything? I like it. You're pretty creative.

well not really. the large hole that normally houses the feed and return line i used for the fuel cell filler. i made a flange to go inside the tank, tapped and threaded it to literally sandwich the tank between the fuel cell filler and threaded flange so its beefy because the tank is fairly thin. then i used a 91 318is in tank pump in the other hole. currently my pick up isnt long enough so i have to lengthen that to be able to use more fuel between fill ups. it needs to drop down another 1 1/2 inches or so. i will do that before o-fest so i dont piss everyone off having to stop for gas every 150 miles

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I will make room for it in my garage in Santa Barbara, then you could drive year-round like the rest of us in California do. I will pick you up at the airport anytime you want to drive. In the meantime we would drive it "occasionally", just to keep the battery up, of course.

Congrats....car looks great, need to see it in person..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours