• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Many thanks to Tom Jones for the highway rescue!

johnhup

The other day I was driving back from Burning Man when my fuel pump started acting up. It was only putting out 20 pounds when I really needed 40. So for the second time I pull over to the side of the road, this time in Davis.

Next thing I know, Tom pulls up behind me in his awesome white 535is. It didnt take long for the two of us to realize we were both members of this board. He drove me over to Kragen where I bought a new pump and was back on the road in no time.

It was a great end to a great burn. It was a weird and incredible week; the ride home was no different. Tom, thanks for all your help!

forum-sig.gif

It was a pleasure and a surprise. The SF Bay Area is such a small world. There are so many of us on this forum that I guess it's inevitible that a few of us will bump into each other time to time.

So I didn't get a chance to get my cell # on the back of my business card. five one zero-five zero four-four zero four two.

If anyone is stranded from Solano to Sacramento feel free to give me a ring and I'll do what I can to help out, anytime. I'm also listed in the BMWCCA's Friends of BMW CCA travel companion book. A very good resource for those BMW road trips.

The White 535is is one of my Parent's cars. I have it with me for a few weeks while they borrow my 528e auto so I can go through their car and fix all that needs fixin'. It's getting a clutch and the AC fixed among many other things. Normally I would be in my CRX HF getting 45+ MPG. ;b...

This is my running 1600-2, the only one most people would've seen before...

HPIM2735.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

My Schwinn was metallic green with a pearlescent white seat! I got it for passing to the first grade...in 1971! Wasn't it called a Sting Ray?

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

I always wanted a Schwinn Sting-Ray, but ended up with some hand-me-down bikes (Huffy - not so tuffy).

Hey... wait a minute. I see your shifter, brake levers and banana seat, but where is your tall orange flag (clamped to the seat stay) and handlebar streamers?

Also need a Baseball card clamped to the fork for that authentic racy sound. And some multi-colored straws on the spokes in place of the standard safety reflectors.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

...you're nuts to bring the '02 out there man. You should see what that dust does to hubs and bottom brackets of bicycles.

I was with Blue Playoux (a tin-roof bayou shanty complete with ramshackle siding and a front porch) at 8:05 and Corvair. Where were you, John?

Cheers,

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .