• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Tii Bits and Bobs?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After lusting after a 2002 for many years, I finally scored, and found a rust free 72 Inka/Black locally. Under the hood is an early 72 Tii motor! Sadly, it hasn't run in 14 years so it's a bit of a project.

The guy I bought it from wasn't much of a car guy, so couldn't give me much info. So my question...how do I quickly identify of the car has any of the other Tii specific its on it? Like struts/brakes, fuel tank or fuel pump? It was converted over 20 years ago, and they even installed the Tii emmision stickers, so I'd like to know if they did the full monte.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

GReg

Google came through with some of your answers. Some tii owner(s) has laid them all out on Wikepedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_2002tii

Major differences in a nutshell:

tii front brake rotors - 10.08" dia, standard 9.45" dia

longer brake booster and master cylinder

larger rear wheel cylinders

larger wheel bearings and spindles

boxed rear trailing arms

"the clock"

Good luck and have fun.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

On 2002's the VIN plate and engine serial numbers matched from the factory. If the engine VIN is above 2762630, it's a 73 engine.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the tips. I have confirmed through the VIN that it's not a Tii. And it has the plastic intake tubes, so it's an early 72 motor (right?). Just want to be able to identify any other converted parts. Thanks for the help, especially Jerry.

Hey Bill,

If those plastic runners are not too dear to you and in good shape.I would be glad to buy and have an extra set.Planning on hanging on to this little 72 tii of mine for many more years.

My Best

Jonathan

jgm at starpower dot net

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.