• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst grammer ever?

76duece

gram·mar Pronunciation (grmr)

n.

a. The study of how words and their component parts combine to form sentences.

b. The study of structural relationships in language or in a language, sometimes including pronunciation, meaning, and linguistic history.

a. The system of inflections, syntax, and word formation of a language.

b. The system of rules implicit in a language, viewed as a mechanism for generating all sentences possible in that language.

a. A normative or prescriptive set of rules setting forth the current standard of usage for pedagogical or reference purposes.

b. Writing or speech judged with regard to such a set of rules.

4. A book containing the morphologic, syntactic, and semantic rules for a specific language.

a. The basic principles of an area of knowledge: the grammar of music.

b. A book dealing with such principles.

[Middle English gramere, from Old French gramaire, alteration of Latin grammatica, from Greek grammatik, from feminine of grammatikos, of letters, from gramma, grammat-, letter; see gerbh- in Indo-European roots.]

From your local grammarian.

P.S. His spelling isn't too good either.

Sounds like he was drunk when typing that. He spelt investment right though lol

But you spelled "spelled" wrong!!! :D

me= owned. Well played Sir. Microsoft Word generation at its finest.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

You would think a guy would have to be trying to type something up like that. There was an email going around that said as long as the first and last letters of a word was correct, most people can still read it. That certainly strains that theory...

Aric Vander Werff

1973 2002tii 1972 2002

----Warning---- This is a pet peeve of mine so I get a little worked up over it...

If you are going to start a thread complaining about someone's "grammer," for God's sake spell the fuc*ing word correctly!

It is "GRAMMAR" not "GRAMMER"

Lesson for the day:

The umbrella of grammar does not cover spelling. Grammar covers (among other things) syntax, verb tense issues, dangling modifiers, pronouns, and even some rules of punctuation that refer directly to clarity of the message.

Spelling is neither "punctuation" nor "grammar." Misspelling is misspelling, not poor grammar.

I alight my high horse now...

'74 2002 (Non-Op)

'74 2002 (Good to go)