• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

yah sorry i meant to say quazar's flare and kit look different. there was a guy selling kits from canada awhile back, thats who i bought mine from.

yeah, but at least it seems yours are mounted correctly, look at the rear flares on the dark silver car

Actually, when I look at the lowest part, it does have that curve that would match the body curve... Just the angle the car is at I guess

Instagram: iliketurbos

mine arent ie flares, notice how much more chubby ie flares look

Raven is right, if you're not using ie flares then you got them from someone who copied them in fiberglass (using the ie flares as a base for the molds). Aside from the reinforcement lip, the ie's are extended longer than the oem turbo flares for people running them with no air dam or a lower front spoiler.  When using them with a Turbo airdam that extra material on the ie's (or ie knockoffs) should be trimmed to fit the airdam just like the oem flares do.  Unfortunately whoever put the flares on roundiezzz's car didn't trim them and that's why the extra flare portion oddly slides in behind the air dam rather than mating with it.  Should be fairly easy to correct though.

Here's an example of the proper fitment using a turbo airdam with trimed ie flares.

post-16944-13667608051456_zps902264bf.jp

Not sure on Dibalaz's car but the ABS can be manipulated as needed, lighting, angle, and paint can all change how the flare "looks" in photographs.  And I'd say quaazar's flares look a tad off simply because the airdam is mounted a little too low, should be an easy fix if he wishes to.

Edited by AceAndrew

Hey, people.  There seems to be a fair amount of concern here about tire profiles, so you guys might be privy to some info. I need.

I am looking to get my 73 back on the road this summer and have a tire fitment issue.  I will not flare the fenders, will install H&R's with Bil. HD's and am running 14X6's that BARELY clear the strut tower.  I once mounted some Pirelli's that had flat, flat, FLAT sidewalls.  They did not rub and cleared the stock wheel wells.  I later mounted another 195/65-14 house branded tire from America's Tire Co. (old Road Huggers) with a very small amount of "bubble" to the sidewall and they friggin rubbed.  It was resolved with a spacer, but that caused some rubbing.  I do not want to run spacers now and I don't want a stretched tire.  What tire brand/model have you all tried that had the flattest sidewalls?

Thanks all.

Jose

Unfortunately whoever put the flares on roundiezzz's car didn't trim them and that's why the extra flare portion oddly slides in behind the air dam rather than mating with it.  Should be fairly easy to correct though.

mine are trimmed, pretty happy how it came out actually, its not perfect, but im not gonna fix it anytime soon.

beautiful day to drive my baby yesterday

1970624_643815692334451_428774874_n.jpg

Edited by roundiezzz

Rebuilt the front coilovers yet again with even shorter than Mk1/A1 GTI strut inserts this time.

The ground level to the front air dam is about .25". Still have another 3" of coilover thread to wind down.

It's definitely a little too low, with the wheels it hits the flares just turning a little bit.

13453640995_3f1f58da2a_z.jpg

13453646435_80d044ed2a_z.jpg

Eugene -

'71 nevada 02

Looks cool that low, too bad its not useable..  

And man, get some Hella H4s.  I hate to say it but those new style lights look too ricey.  The Hella/Cibie H4s are just better with the whole new/old school style thing.  Certain things just don't work, big picture. And new style lights are one of them...  like a bad roof rack.  

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Haha.. it's ok guys.. this car is not even close to being my daily driver. It really doesn't even need to be that functional. Building this for fun. Between my friend and I, we've owned this car for nearly 15 years now and it's always been the redheaded stepchild to the other 6 cars.

13474536543_3a3543fa91_z.jpg

Edited by quazar

Eugene -

'71 nevada 02