• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

what suspension r u running ray?
Are you running camber/toe subframe adjusters?

GC Coilovers, adjustable camber plates, Koni double adjustable dampers. No toe subframe adjusters. I'll probably raise it a bit even though it rides great.

are you running the full coilover kit or conversions? rabbit struts? rear suspension?

The only real difference between their "full coilover" and the conversion are the larger diameter strut tubes. They are a good idea as they allow you to run a wider variety of inserts. AFAIK, GC uses a 190e tube. You could make the same thing yourself.

If you are willing to go through the trouble to mod your stock struts and make the rabbit insert work, you will be get 95% of the benefit with less than 50% of the cost.

I was just about to add to my post since I've been getting a few emails. This set-up was on the Granada I bought from CJ and he's the one that put this it together, I just swapped it. The is a full front CG coilover set but from what I understand, it's using rabbit inserts. The rear is on cut Eibachs on one dot pads with Koni double adjustables. CJ, comment if anything is off.

On the pic above, it looks like it would ride like shit, bottom out and scrap on every manhole in sight. In reality, it rides like a F*ckin dream!! Comparable to a regular lowered 02 on 13" wheels. I only scrap on high speed bumps..and it a big maybe.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

• 2 weeks later...
Ray, those wheels look amazing on Chamonix!

Here's my setup. New wheels and suspension will arrive in a couple of weeks but the current setup is really hitting its stride now. Photo courtesy of Tonyhavana:

5701543738_000353bf8e_b.jpg

WHAT WHEELS AND TIRES ARE THOSE?

THANKS....

Vladimir

WHAT WHEELS AND TIRES ARE THOSE?

THANKS....

They're Stockton E30-style steelies (15x7 +25)... And they're for sale! Tires are Yoko S-Drives 195/205.

How much do you want for them? Is "Stockton" the company that makes them? Did you have to alter fenders to fit them? What is the thickness of the tires 195/ ? /15 ?

thanks

Vlad

Vladimir

14"x6" Superlites with 195/60/14 Bridgestones, and Bilstein Sport Shocks

post-134-13667643010332_thumb.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

what suspension r u running ray?
Are you running camber/toe subframe adjusters?

GC Coilovers, adjustable camber plates, Koni double adjustable dampers. No toe subframe adjusters. I'll probably raise it a bit even though it rides great.

are you running the full coilover kit or conversions? rabbit struts? rear suspension?

The only real difference between their "full coilover" and the conversion are the larger diameter strut tubes. They are a good idea as they allow you to run a wider variety of inserts. AFAIK, GC uses a 190e tube. You could make the same thing yourself.

If you are willing to go through the trouble to mod your stock struts and make the rabbit insert work, you will be get 95% of the benefit with less than 50% of the cost.

I was just about to add to my post since I've been getting a few emails. This set-up was on the Granada I bought from CJ and he's the one that put this it together, I just swapped it. The is a full front CG coilover set but from what I understand, it's using rabbit inserts. The rear is on cut Eibachs on one dot pads with Koni double adjustables. CJ, comment if anything is off.

On the pic above, it looks like it would ride like shit, bottom out and scrap on every manhole in sight. In reality, it rides like a F*ckin dream!! Comparable to a regular lowered 02 on 13" wheels. I only scrap on high speed bumps..and it a big maybe.

I was always curious how much of a difference the complete ground control set up is compared to just running the rabbit inserts. The 50MM tube seems nice, but Really, what difference does it make, because I'd like to know because otherwise it;s a 700 dollar coilover combo or a 1600 dollar set up.

where can you find hte rear double adjustables?

The larger tube opens up your options quite a bit for inserts, but what do you really need that for? The Rabbit insert is valved pretty well unless you start to go really stiff on your springs. If you're doing a road car, it is probably good enough.

I think my costs were as follows:

Rabbit sport inserts: $230

GC Kit: $200

KMACs: $283

New ball joints: $60

Not bad, when you consider it offers almost all the major benefits of the full GC kit sans the adjustable insert.

The larger tube opens up your options quite a bit for inserts, but what do you really need that for? The Rabbit insert is valved pretty well unless you start to go really stiff on your springs. If you're doing a road car, it is probably good enough.

Not bad, when you consider it offers almost all the major benefits of the full GC kit sans the adjustable insert.

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking:

I was going to roll with their sleeves, the rabbits in the fronts with their camber/caster plates. maybe do the Koni shocks in the rear.. is that blasphemy?

its roughly 700 to go that set up vs 1600 for the GC full kit

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking:

I was going to roll with their sleeves, the rabbits in the fronts with their camber/caster plates. maybe do the Koni shocks in the rear.. is that blasphemy?

its roughly 700 to go that set up vs 1600 for the GC full kit

I remember once Mike B showed me the Koni's that he has on his car and he said they were super nice. I know he has them at least in the rear. You might want to email him.

Is the car going to be your driver? I haven't ever tried the GC camber/caster plates, but all the feedback that I have gotten is that they are a bit much if you are driving the car daily, hence my decision to go with the KMACs (my 2002 is my only car).