• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I do? What would you do? Poll ?? (nt)

Should I use the 320 exhaust manifold gasket with the protective spark plug boot flange or seperate gaskets that would leave the beautiful ceramic exhaust showing?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use the 320 exhaust manifold gasket with the protective spark plug boot flange or seperate gaskets that would leave the beautiful ceramic exhaust showing?

• 320 Exhaust Gasket (and hide the exhaust pipe)
    • Seperate Style Gasket (and show the exhaust pipe)

1. Just wrap the plug wires with heat reflective tape

This stuff sticks like a MOFO

http://www.jcwhitney.com/COOL-IT-ADHESIVE-BACKED-HEAT-BARRIER/GP_2002968_N_111+10201+600002669_10101.jcw

2. Where did you get that cool looking exhaust manifold!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Matt, it was indeed good to see you today! Your car looked so cool...cruzin around MB. Man it just made me smile.

The exhaust is a bitchin piece! It's ceramic coated and comes as is from Tom @ 02 Again. He makes them and they flow exactly like a tii header if not better and half the weight, roughly 8lbs.

With the new kid I don't get much time to work on the car. I'm hoping to be done sometime in the Fall. I suppose that too is wishful thinking. At least I can build the linkage and intake manifold, plus a few other items. The Megasquirt will hold me back a bit as it is not cheap, but worth it.

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

See, if you leave the pipe showing and it eats your plug wires

then you have to leave it by the side of the road,

some jerk might come by and steal the nice pipe,

so I'd use the 318 gasket...

it gets HOT down there!

fwiw,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I have the 320 gasket with the 02Again header on my '73. The header sticks up a little higher than the stock manifold and I like the fact that the gasket helps to protect the plug wires and my hands. It runs cooler than the stock header but I still don't want to accidently touch it with my hands if I'm messing with the the plugs or wires.

Just my $.02,

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

for at least 4 years with the small gasgets with no plug wire problems at all (since ceramic-coating headers or manifolds reduces the exterior temp of the manifold significantly, the heat deflector gasget may not be needed).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)