• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best BMW movies ever..

Maybe should be off topic, I dunno. But here goes for my favorite BMW movies where the car actually does something (or in the case of "Backdraft", nothing... in the movie..feel free to jump in....

"China Syndrome" Jack Lemon gets away from the evil sun-glasses guys to try and save Ventana Nuclear Plant in a plain jane rootbeer squarie (and Jane Fonda...he wants her, you know..)

"A Man and a Woman" (Andy Garcia/pre-facial surgery Meg Ryan) A sad airline pilot with an alcoholic wife and cute kid can only find solice in his 74 Polaris e9 coupe. Has problems parking in the Bay Area, I think. Car is almost hit by broken whiskey bottles (scariest dramatic part of the flic)...

"The Driver" George C. Scott as the driver for a "getaway" in Italy, Sicily, Greece? I cant remember, it was late, but there was alot of dust, rosemary, and reeeaaly narrow streets. Not even sure what it was; 502 cabriolet? Had a scene with him tuning the carbs. Lots of driving, dust, younger woman, (Trish VdV?), and of course, the car doesn't make it to the end. Nor does George. Worth a look...

"Backdraft" One of the lesser Baldwin brothers is trying to prove himself to his brother and late father, blah, blah, blah. Square tail wont start in the morning scene when he HAS to be at work first day, I think. Reminded me of college. Very depressing. Actually the old Riviera always started. It was that d*mned old 356. Sorry, had a retro moment.

Well, thats mine. Additions? ...Anyone know where I can get old movies such as "The Green Helmet" (I think), or "The Racers" (Once again, I think...Kirk Douglas?) Fun stuff, but I cringe every time they smash or roll old MG's, 356's, Morgans, etc.

Dave V. in western NC

74 Polaris e9

76 Nevada 02

74 Taiga 02

The George C. Scott movie is "The Last Run" (1971) 503 cabriolet. Worst - House Party 4; funny thing is the sqauretail '02 seems to be an Atlantic Blue, basically the same car featured in Hancock

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

I vote for the movie Fracture starring Anthony Hopkins. Not a whole lot of car action but the E9 3.0cs driven by one of the leading actors was hot. Film was shot in SF.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

The movie "Multiplicity" with Michael Keaton and Andie MacDowell the one he clones himself over and over again and then one of his clones clones himself... kinda funny... He drives a Granatrot/Malaga 2002 (can't remember right now) through the whole movie...

Just remembered thought I'd share

Cheers guys!

Bruce

Ok, Let her rip!

I wouldnt say this is a "best" movie, but i just watched RUSH HOUR (wez in the mood for some mindless entertainment) and right after Chris Tucker picks up Jackie Chan from the airport, there is a sahara squarie rolling alongside/in the background. I am trying to upload a screencap or two but for some reason the site isnt loading the file... it just sits there waiting for a response, but none comes. =/

I wouldnt say this is a "best" movie, but i just watched RUSH HOUR (wez in the mood for some mindless entertainment) and right after Chris Tucker picks up Jackie Chan from the airport, there is a sahara squarie rolling alongside/in the background. I am trying to upload a screencap or two but for some reason the site isnt loading the file... it just sits there waiting for a response, but none comes. =/

oof! the screencaps were 1.5mb .bmps... trying again after conversion to jpeg...

tucker022_965.jpg

tucker02_989.jpg

EDIT: i had to use preview, copy the URLs from each pic, then img src them into the body text area... normal attachment scenario attached nothing, files just disappeared. This has been going on for a long time, i wish i knew how to fix it! =//

post-139-13667590859216_thumb.jpg

post-139-13667590860289_thumb.jpg

post-139-1366759086126_thumb.jpg

post-139-13667590862123_thumb.jpg