• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 in the new Will Smith movie, Hancock

JohnH02

It's funny how much 2002s show up in pop culture on a fairly regular basis. It's like every agency art director or movie director had one at some point, so they keep sticking the car in commercials, movies or whatever.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

There was (what looked to be) a beautiful verona RTL in Things we Lost in the Fire... pretty good movie with Benicio Del Toro and Halle Berry. Sadly it never moved from under the carport...

1973 Colorado 2002 #2591715

tn.jpg

Guest Anonymous

If you owned a 67 corvette or a 65 VW Crewcab, you might be apt to notice those makes and models more often too.

You are absolutely correct, mtrip! That we roundies have to sit on the sidelines and accrue more money as collectibles and revel in our cleaner lines is a necessary price to pay so that the squaries get some more exposure and try to catch up. ;)

Also why I included the 2nd pic, so you can see the Accordian being played on the ground! Nice Photoshop accentuation though. Wish I had done that.

No comments on the Earl Sheibe paintwork though......

Love this board.

'73 2002 Tii

'72 3.0 S

'72 3.0 CS (3.5)

'11 X5 35d

I'm sure they did that to stiffen the frame and to give them a solid pick point to grab it on the nose. $2,000 car versus a $1,000,000,000 action star*. They take no chances. I work in the film business and have seen them do this before.

Noticeably absent is any sign of muffler, and even though this car may be grandfathered in to emissions, I think CHP would have some complaints about the noise. Also absent is a crushed tailpipe.....

* I don't mean Jason Bateman.

'73 2002 Tii

'72 3.0 S

'72 3.0 CS (3.5)

'11 X5 35d

I'm sure they did that to stiffen the frame and to give them a solid pick point to grab it on the nose. $2,000 car versus a $1,000,000,000 action star*. They take no chances. I work in the film business and have seen them do this before.

Noticeably absent is any sign of muffler, and even though this car may be grandfathered in to emissions, I think CHP would have some complaints about the noise. Also absent is a crushed tailpipe.....

* I don't mean Jason Bateman.

As I reported in an earlier Hancock thread Sony Pictures purchased five car from 2002AD for the filming, two runners (one auto for non-clutch drivers) and three to be used for the special effects. I have sinced learned they purchased a sixth car for effects filming. BTW isn't Will Smith a ten-million dollar star, not one billion dollar star?

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

BTW isn't Will Smith a ten-million dollar star, not one billion dollar star?

It's probably in the 10 million dollar range if you want him in a movie, but more like a billion dollars of net worth if you have to hide his body.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

That reminds me!

I was watching a fantastic film called Cocaine Cowboys about the early days of the Florida drug trade. One former convict was talking about how he used to smuggle drugs into the country on cars that he would have towed.

One of the cars they showed being towed on a flat bed was a 2002.

I was so proud!