• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know this 1600?

SamAdams

I look at 02s way too much. After getting my touring recently I'd like to add a stock 1600 to the stable.

Bimmer Brothers has this which causes me to proceed with caution. I remember it on ebay a while back but I do not remember the high bid. Does anyone here recall what the high bid was?

Evan has it priced around $11,500 which I think is WAY out there. It does have alot going for it though. Just wondered if anyone on the board knows the car. What is a fair price to offer?

Any input appreciated.

Here is the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1968BMW1600

Sam Adams

75 2002

72 2000tii Touring

89 325iX

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Looks to be in pretty good shape, although I do not know the car. Funky radio attenna. It does seem overpriced for what it is though.

How is the Touring? Nothing will satisfy you after you have a touring. They are just too much fun. People can't look at you without smiling, especially in a Inka touring.

Hope it is meeting your expectations.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Hey Steve,

The Touring is GREAT. Have not been able to drive it as much as I would like though due to the weather. I was able to wash and wax it-waxing is my way of bonding with a car-LOL. Even picked up an extra rear bumper for it.

My 9 year old daughter knows an Inka 02 when she sees one now. That's the kind of thing you do not learn in school. Ha.

Good to hear from you. I hope to get out and get some pics of the Inka touring and it's Chamonix sedan brother when the weather permits.

Sam

Sam Adams

I can't remember the bidding, I know it didn't sell.

It was in Dec '07 and the Seller was "zagato62" of "Fast Cars of California", Newport Beach, CA.

The pictures Evan has are the same used in the Dec '07 auction. Who knows, maybe "zagato62" is Evan or one of his partners?

Looks a decent car, but proceed with caution.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I remember something about this car. I think it's a "black plate" car, owned it's entire life by a little old man. Apparently, it's 100% original, and I think they have all the service records. Might have had 1 repaint, and it has been in a documented wreck (I think there was some front end work). That's what I remember anyway.

I don't, however, remember the price.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Looks like a nice car. But what do I know when it comes to 1600's?

I would like to hunt down the people that put the antenna in this position and give them a (very small) piece of my mind!

Gosh!!!!!!!!!

John

downleftside.jpg?imgmax=512

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Looks like a nice car. But what do I know when it comes to 1600's?

I would like to hunt down the people that put the antenna in this position and give them a (very small) piece of my mind!

Gosh!!!!!!!!!

John

Hi John,

Seems to have been fairly common to nail the antenna on the driver fender on these early cars.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

(nt)

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Yup thats the completed auction that I could not find. The car does have alot going for it but it does have some issues in my opinion. Dirty carpet, torn headliner etc.

$5,600 a steal but $11,500 is too much.

Guess Evan can keep it for a while.

Thanks for all the input.

Sam

Sam Adams

Yeah, I live near the Evan guy, and we talked on the phone. He's reluctant to budge on his pricing if you purchase outside eBay, but he seems comfortable to tell you up front what he is looking to get for each car, if you are up front about what you are willing to pay - and so long as you are willing to spend in the ballpark his price is at.

He has LOTS of cars, I don't imagine he needs to unload any of them for much less than he askes. He's a nice guy though, and his cars are almost uniformly immaculate, just out of my price range. I'd be willing to inspect his cars for you guys. I'm not as experienced as most people on the forum, but if you aren't in the area, and have specific things I could inspect and report back to you on, I may be able to help out.

Issa.

Hey Issa

Thanks for the offer to go look. However I am nowhere near Evan on the price of this car. The original auction noted some of the flaws, but while he uses the same photos, he has omitted some pics with the flaws. I think he is trying to flip this car for a big profit. I did email him to ask what he had done to the car since the ebay auction but got no response.

A nice day on tap for tomorrow-so I will have the Touring out for a ride.

Sam Adams

Sam Adams