• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard from John Weese since his house fire?

Mike Self

I'm sure he has plenty on his plate that's keeping him off the Board, but does someone live nearby who's seen/talked with him?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Does anyone know how to get ahold of him? I'd like to find out what we could do for him and what his immediate needs are. I was wanting to send him some clothes so he would have some things he could wear without having to spend money before his insurance company settles with him.

If anyone knows how to contact him, work number or something, please share. I hate to think that there are things we can do for him and we aren't able to find out what those things are.

doug

'73 tii Atlantik

I totally agree with both posts. I sent email offer, but haven't heard back. I can only hope that no news is good news; and that maybe he doesn't want the attention. Gibran once said, "He is indeed charitable, that gives, and while giving, turns away so as not to see the shyness of the receiver". If you're out there, John, we're happy to help with anything, and then to look away. Dave V. in NC

Sorry to get heavy this early in the day!

I started to write him an e-mail and offer up whatever I could. I just did'nt know quiet how to approach it being that he does'nt know me from adam.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread came up. Maybe he'll chime in.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Yeah its too bad someone wasn't on the board in his area. I'm sure he's busy as hell getting shit figured out -- and maybe too proud to answer for handouts (dude .. if you read this don't be.. 2002ers are there for you buddy.)

If someone else could go and see what he needs and take care of gathering it and getting it to his family that would be one less thing he'd need to worry about.

in any case best of luck mate

-zachary

thats one thing that does suck about being part of a distributed community -- like when my neighbors barn blew over in the storm we all went and helped move stuff. If we lived next door we could go over and just help recover parts and clean stuff and so on. But sitting behind the keyboard you feel kinda neutered huh?

I know where he lives, about 2 hours away. However, I do not think we would find him there. He may be with his son.

If I knew where he was, I would go see what we could do.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5