• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

optima update and info

BLUNT

i think i mentioned a while back i bought a red top online from a place in chicago. it went bad in 2 months and i had destroyed the receipt and had no record in my email of where i got this thing. so i called optima and told them my story. they told me to take it to autozone and have it checked and if bad theyd replace it free of charge. turns out my battery i bought online was almost 3 years old when i bought it. im beginning to think buying crap online isnt the best way to do a lot of things. seems like a lot of times you get old stock or seconds. anyway, i brought my battery in and the guy at the counter told me optimas are junk and he warranty's 4 or 5 a week just like mine. i should have listened to otis. but anyway, i have a new junk optima coming my way. i guess they have a good warranty policy if not a good battery

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

im beginning to think buying crap online isnt the best way

yea,

i wouldn't trust anyone who'd sell stuff over the internet. gotta be crap...

;)

sorry, couldn't let that slide.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Yeah,

I bought a 2002 headliner from some guy on the computer. When I got it, there wasn't even a hole for the sunroof.

:^)

Even when you buy things from a brick and mortar place, there is no guarantee that it will be "new".

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

im beginning to think buying crap online isnt the best way

yea,

i wouldn't trust anyone who'd sell stuff over the internet. gotta be crap...

;)

sorry, couldn't let that slide.

grrrrr

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I bought Hugo's Red Top at Costco going on abou 4 years ago now...no issues whatsoever...just keep it on a battery tender and it'll last a very long time!

post-197-13667584618283_thumb.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

is that bar bolted into the body or around the tower?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

I have a Bosch Silver in the Touring (under the dust). Bought it 1996 (UK) and its still going but no doubt not for much longer. Anyone know if they are available in the US?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

is that bar bolted into the body or around the tower?

It's bolted around the towers....no drilling or welding needed. The guy doesn't make this brace any longer though.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

assuming they are available locally:

- BMW body parts (1)

- Auto batteries (2,3)

- Used wheels and tires (3)

- Auto glass and seats (4)

(1) Body parts typically get dented in shipping. If you get it at your local dealer, you can inspect/reject it on the spot and not be hassled by arguments about defects or paying for return shipping.

(2) What youse guys already said. Check the manufacturing date code before buying batteries or tires.

(3) Heavy, low value items become expensive when the shipping cost is added.

(4) Large, awkward items are time-consuming and expensive to pack for safe shipping.

(Just out of curiosity, how can a vendor to pay inbound shipping for a battery, fold that into the cost, then have the customer pay outbound shipping, and end up being competitive with local vendors?)

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

ive been running an optima red top in my old 1990 mercedes 300E for four years with no problems. its smaller than the OE battery but it starts so much better than it.

bought new at costco. will gladly shell out $160 for another one when it needs replacing.

'O=00=O'

Long Live The Legend.

I never saw the whole buy a battery on line thing.. the shipping must kill you!

I am looking for some six volt deep cycle batteries [like a golf cart type or similar] though if anyone has a source -- but again the shipping.. ouch.

i should have listened to otis.

And I didn't even charge you by the hour (See, Ray?).

actually the searay was a good buy but its not big enough to get all the dancing girls aboard. i will upgrade next summer.

the shipping was included on the battery and if memory serves me right the whole battery shipped was 150.... of course i wasnt aware it was nearly 3 years old when purchased. i just got sucked in by some guy trying to unload all his old stock

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com