• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just A Little Rant!

Should Minis be included in BMW events?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Minis be included in BMW events?

• No way! They're English!
    • Offer them som tea and crumpets but stay away from the German stuff.
    • Sure, the more the merrier.

This last weekend at Bimmerfest 2007, I was walking around with one of my buddies I will not name (Andy Wong). There were over 1000 BMW's there from classic 2002's to the latest most radical M cars with all the pricey mods! I like them all! But here lies my dilema. I was accused of being a Miin-hater!! A Mini biggot! Every time there is a BMW event, those Mini's show up. Just because BMW owns Mini Cooper does that mean they should join our events? When Aston Martins have a show, do Fords show up because they own Astin Martin??NOOOOOOOO!!! Do you think if the Mini owners have an event they would invite all the BMW's? Someone tell them they are NOT BMWs. Rant over, what do you think?

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

I like the new Mini's. However I think they are kinda out of place with the vintage BMW crowd.... They do make me smile. I'd love to have one. Hmmm........

Right, they aren't BMW's!

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Perhaps my next car instead of a Wrx wagon who knows. Pam likes the carl/s stability control and the turbo

If it's a BMW event, BMWs should be there, exclusively.

I like Minis, old and new. Cool little cars, but, you're right; Fords don't show up to Aston Events. Mini owners should know that.

Most of the people on this board love other car models as well as BMW 2002s.......but in here and at BMW events, it's all about the Roundel.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Guest Anonymous

I think it's just because a lot of BMW owners end up buying a mini and it's just sheer probability being that there are a lot of BMW owners at BMW shows! Sorry about the obvious.

venue. If it's a vintage type event, then not only should newer Minis not show, neither should newer BMWs. V in V, for example is for pre 81 (or is it 82 this year?) BMWs.

Our local antique car show doesn't have any classes for cars newer than '82 (25 years old)

But an event for "all BMWs"--Minis are built by BMW, but in England, so why not? To exclude BMWs not built in Germany would exclude X3s (built in Austria), X5s and Z3/Z4, all built exclusively in the US of A.

Heck, BMW owns Rolls-Royce, so why not invite Rolls owners (not that they'd come...)

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

* E21's are not classic cars. They never will be, quit perpitrating a masquarade. Join the BMWVCCCA and register an E21 with them.

* Non-BMWs should not have been allowed in.

* ESPECIALY a NON-BMW in the CLASSIC CAR LOT. Freakin' Ford/Lotus POS was in the "classic" car lot and a S54 ///M Z3 Coupe. What's up people? (BTW, I left early.)

Oh, Minis? Sure, they are BMWs now.

An Austin Mini or Morris Mini? No. That's British.

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

If it's a BMW event, BMWs should be there, exclusively.

I like Minis, old and new. Cool little cars, but, you're right; Fords don't show up to Aston Events. Mini owners should know that.

Most of the people on this board love other car models as well as BMW 2002s.......but in here and at BMW events, it's all about the Roundel.

Exactly!

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Here's my $.02 worth...I love Mini's...can't drive past a car lot with an S on it without stopping to look.

Yes, they are somewhat overpriced, no they aren't "vintage", yes BMW owns the rights to produce them by purchasing the company, yes, most BMW enthusiasts appreciate Mini's and some own one.

BUT, if it's a BMW car show, if it ain't got a Roundel emblem on it it doesn't belong "in the lineup!" PERIOD! :-)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

UMMM, The new Mini uses BMW's technology. They are powered by a BMW motor. The sorta belong but only with the newer BMW's.

You can get the shiits all you like, but I think they have some place there. I dunno, I just think cars like this are probably not 100% BMW, but they add another dimension to the show and allow you something else to look at.

Did you get the shiits at the Rolls Royce 's too?

The new MINI was built using may of the same philosophies from the '02 model.

toddsig05.jpg