• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Techno Violet on a 2002?

cheechthechi

I had to do some searching to see techno violet:

Side.jpg

Very nice, and not too flashy. I'd strip off as much chrome as possible, and black stuff out... and it may look very nice...

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I like the look of the earlier color that was on only on the '95 M3's. Its called Daytona Violet. I think it is a little lighter in color than the Techno. The first time I saw an E36 M3 in Daytona Violet with the oyster color interior, I had an uncontrollable urge to drool. As for on an ’02, I’m not sure. Maybe too modern for me, but hey it’s your car. Do what you want.

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

My opinion is that the darker tinted colours are better suited for cars with more "rounded" lines such as the E-46 example you showed. The curves allow different shades of the color to come out or to reflect.

A 2002 is much squarer or "boxier" so you will have big panels of darkness. I think it's smarter to lean towards a lighter colour. The lighter shade will also make the car seem bigger than it is.

I know many people will pipe in that they love dark 02's, but the majority of the people seem to favor the wild, bright colours such as golf, colorado, or tiaga.

Just my opinion though. In the end, it is your car and no one else has to approve of your choice.

Or hey, you could do the John Lennon thing and paint much the same way he did with his Rolls!!!

post-1917-13667571373736_thumb.jpg

I was just going through several different paint colors that I could paint the 2002 in amoung which are Saphir Blau Metallic and Techno Violet. Has anyone ever done either on a 2002?

I have never seen an '02 in Saphirblau Metallic, but I bet it would look pretty good. Here are a couple shots on my son's e30 in that color.

Picture_066.sized.jpg

Picture_067.sized.jpg

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

I was just going through several different paint colors that I could paint the 2002 in amoung which are Saphir Blau Metallic and Techno Violet. Has anyone ever done either on a 2002?

I have never seen an '02 in Saphirblau Metallic, but I bet it would look pretty good. Here are a couple shots on my son's e30 in that color.

Picture_066.sized.jpg

Picture_067.sized.jpg

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

I think it would look great in either color, especially if the car is heavily modified.

Consider this: the darker the color, the better the bodywork must be to show the flatness and alignment of the panels. The surface preparation on a black car needs to be nearly perfect to look its best in the end, while a white, tan or silver car can hide "a multitude of sins."

Proper color changes often involve complete disassembly and careful prep to keep original colors from popping through.

Me...I still want an E30 in Inka Orange.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Thanks for all the input guys.

I should have also mentioned that I'm going to be doing turbo flares, and front air dam. My plan is to paint the car in either T.V. or S.B.M and use charcol superlites. Judging form the last post I think i may be heading more to Saphi Blau as I plan on doing the bodywork myself. Also, I think that the light color will accent the darker superlites well.

Sophia - all great things take time.

Me...I still want an E30 in Inka Orange.

Delia

Don't know what the color is called, but there is an inkaish orange early E30 318i close to where I live. I am always on the lookout fror a For Sale sign on it, since the car is in great condition and looks great in orange.

I have seen the color only on '84-'85 318i's (as a matter of fact, once I was hit while driving a Mazda GLC we had by a drunk driver that had one). Was it available on 6 cyl cars?

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290