• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Techno Violet on a 2002?

cheechthechi

Hey, Harry,

AFAIK, Inka was discontinued by the factory after 1977, and was never on any USA-spec cars after the 1976 model year.

I lusted after a '77 Inka E21 316 that came to Michigan in the late 70s. It was grey market car with dual, not quad, headlamps. Looked great!

The 318i might be Hennarot. It's a bit redder and is found on the '84-'91 3ers. An E30 M3 is for some reason quite desirable. I saw one for sale in the early 1990s down in Kentucky. The paint was faded, but it got my blood rushing.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

color, but maybe a bit toward turquoise - when we first went to look at her coupe, I was sure it was Fijord until we opened the hood and found the Saphire paint sticker.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I was just going through several different paint colors that I could paint the 2002 in amoung which are Saphir Blau Metallic and Techno Violet. Has anyone ever done either on a 2002?

I have never seen an '02 in Saphirblau Metallic, but I bet it would look pretty good. Here are a couple shots on my son's e30 in that color.

Picture_066.sized.jpg

Picture_067.sized.jpg

your son has great taste! i love that color!!!! :)

your son has great taste! i love that color!!!! :)

Thanks Rob! I have to agree, it is a very cool and rare (at least around here) color.

The car has come along way since he bought it about a year and half ago. He is currently rebuilding an 'is engine to drop in once spring arrives in Alberta!

Don

What it looked like the day we brought it home!

BMW_E30_005.sized.jpg

The day before it went into winter hibernation:

Picture_065.sized.jpg

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

Hey, Harry,

AFAIK, Inka was discontinued by the factory after 1977, and was never on any USA-spec cars after the 1976 model year.

I lusted after a '77 Inka E21 316 that came to Michigan in the late 70s. It was grey market car with dual, not quad, headlamps. Looked great!

The 318i might be Hennarot. It's a bit redder and is found on the '84-'91 3ers. An E30 M3 is for some reason quite desirable. I saw one for sale in the early 1990s down in Kentucky. The paint was faded, but it got my blood rushing.

Cheers!

Delia

Yup, Hennarot it is. For some reason it seems that they didn't make many E30's with that color. IMHO it looks great.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290