• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatdyathink?? Good Deal? or Not a Good Deal??

InkaSteve

This Cabrio was parked at the BFest with a Suggested Minimum Bid.

Do you think he is in the ballpark or Way out of the ballpark in his expectations?

Bimmerfest06093w.jpg

3089bf0e.jpg

fdb3a2fd.jpg

b17f8a68.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Howie would say No Deal.

Using the B-J $17k 2002 as a yardstick, I'd say it is a good deal. However, that car is an outlyer and we really can't count it towards true market value. You would need to have some comps to see what it is really worth. What are the going rates for stock 02s, tii's and Turbos? It may be a fairly rare car, but it is not Elvis' bullet hole Caddy.

If I was going to go to the trouble to sell my car at a show like Bimmerfest(which was probably the smartest move by the seller) I would at least take the time to make it show as well as possible. Some simple green and a roll of paper towels would be a good start. Perhaps the seller was thinking that he would have the only cabrio there for sale(which he probably did), but what if there were ANOTHER cabrio there for sale for nearly the same price, but at least cleaned up. Which one would be more likely to sell?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I think he got a little pissed at me. Another 02'er and I were talking and I told him about an original one that I saw selling for 25k. That car was pretty clean but, it did look like a 30 year old car. I later said that spending 20k for a car that needs FULL restoration was sort of a bit much and that he could've at least cleaned it up a little. It was a roach for 20k. Oh well, as the saying goes- "every seat has an ass" and surely someone will look at it as a great deal.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Howie would say No Deal.

Using the B-J $17k 2002 as a yardstick, I'd say it is a good deal. However, that car is an outlyer and we really can't count it towards true market value. You would need to have some comps to see what it is really worth. What are the going rates for stock 02s, tii's and Turbos? It may be a fairly rare car, but it is not Elvis' bullet hole Caddy.

If I was going to go to the trouble to sell my car at a show like Bimmerfest(which was probably the smartest move by the seller) I would at least take the time to make it show as well as possible. Some simple green and a roll of paper towels would be a good start. Perhaps the seller was thinking that he would have the only cabrio there for sale(which he probably did), but what if there were ANOTHER cabrio there for sale for nearly the same price, but at least cleaned up. Which one would be more likely to sell?

agreed, the cleanliness of a car is a direct reflection of the care and maintenance its had. its like a chick with nasty shoes.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

1k for that car if the floorboards aren't rotted out.

Similar situation with my tii over the years, the guy kept saying it was worth BIG money. Nobody could buy it, meanwhile it kept rusting.

Finally bought it for $600 when the rust ate through the right quarter. Had a response like... "Gee, I guess its rusty, I just want to get rid of it"

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

unless that driver's mirror came on '60s '02s. Let's inflate the value of every POS '02 so our decent ones look better at the inflated ebay prices. It would take 20k to make it decent and I don't think any '02 is worth 40k. A POS is a POS so quit looking at POSes and seeing Bobby Rahal's Tii. This ain't the '02 Matrix/They Live or The Futurological Congress (by the late Stanislaw Lem where those two movies stole their plots from) . Are you Eljets car enthusiasts or capitalist-pigs? I mean the damn thing has dimples! That shitbucket isn't even worth keying.

I'd need to look at it very closely...

The owner's ad is already "reaching" for $20K. Further, there are a few too many exclamation points for my taste.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he needs money for that "one, last drug buy"...

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay. I consider myself an authority, having just made a compulsive purchase! However, I do remember seeing a pretty nice original Baur from Florida a couple of months ago where the asking price was something like $12-$15K. I was about to fly to Florida to snap that up, but I just didn't have the guts to do it at the time. That car had minor rust, but overall seemed much better than this one. My guess is that the owner's going to have a tough time getting $20K.

John Capoccia

'70 Verona

I had no intention of buying it. Just thought it was good topic for entertainment. You guys didn't let me down.

Your opinions reflect those of all of us that were there. It looks better in the pictures that it did in person. The guys "Bid Box" was not exactly overflowing with offers when he left. I never saw him. It just mysteriously appeared and disappeared. I think CJ saw who the owner was.

I am surprised the owner didn't pick up some strange disease or spider bites driving it over. If the price was right it would be an interesting project car. But, obviously, the price wasn't right. Wasn't even close.

Maybe he was just messing with us. Could be.....

At least we woke up F1reverb, now tell us what you REALLY think, Jay.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours