• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

yes those are the correct clips. i drilled thru the floor and painted before installing so it would be protected. i used small thin stainless nuts on the inside and dabbed with silicone when installed. good luck

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any new pics or anything???

just a couple. i move pretty slow but this stuff takes time.

heres a shot of my trunk done except my bar isnt totally secured yet. its a chris willet carpet that he deleted the fuel tube cutout on. when i got it from chris i cut the hole for the fuel filler in the floor and did the edging on the cut. now when you remove my outside fuel cap you see an electrical plug for an onboard battery tender for winter storage

in thinking back i think i would have put the battery cutoff in a different place as if theres anything flying around in the trunk it may hit the cutoff handle. ill just make sure everythings secure. its unlikely this car will haul much anyway.

IMG_0419.jpg

and then here is the start of my LED 3rd brake light integrated into the parcel shelf. note that this is just the basic shape and i have yet to fiberglass it. it looks kind of goofy as i had to make it tall to clear the window seal but im thinking about raising the package shelf area 1/2 inch to make the height of this thing less noticeable. heres the mock up and then one of it in the car. it will be carpeted when its complete. its a 10 LED hella smoked unit. i got the smoked to try and make it less obtrusive when not illuminated

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That's the most awesome '02 I've almost seen!

When's it gonna be running?

Cheers,

Ray

thanks ray. ive been working on it a few hours each day. im taking it down to vintage at the vineyard so im just putting the stock airbox and ecu in it to get it running. all i really need to do is mount the afm and put gas in it and try and fire it. but im procrastinating on that and finishing up other loose ends. i think im scared it wont run. im very close and all i really have to do after finishing small stuff like stereo install is wait for nice weather to trailer it down for exhaust work. im starting to research mufflers and resonators. id like something fairly quiet in a 2 1/2 inch. once i get it running id like to drive it a week or so to get the bugs out before i head to NC. im really nervous to take it that far and it would be pretty humiliating if it didnt make it.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'm sure it'll make it.

Ok, I need to make plans to attend V@V again. Unfortunately if I do it will be in the E24, the '02 is just too far away.

Maybe you should put that 3M stonguard stuff on the front of the car before the trip. Or a few rolls of racer tape.

Cheers,

Ray

That's the most awesome '02 I've almost seen!

When's it gonna be running?

Cheers,

Ray

thanks ray. ive been working on it a few hours each day. im taking it down to vintage at the vineyard so im just putting the stock airbox and ecu in it to get it running. all i really need to do is mount the afm and put gas in it and try and fire it. but im procrastinating on that and finishing up other loose ends. i think im scared it wont run. im very close and all i really have to do after finishing small stuff like stereo install is wait for nice weather to trailer it down for exhaust work. im starting to research mufflers and resonators. id like something fairly quiet in a 2 1/2 inch. once i get it running id like to drive it a week or so to get the bugs out before i head to NC. im really nervous to take it that far and it would be pretty humiliating if it didnt make it.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Blunt!,

Matt just made me aware of VOV and asked me if I wanted to go. I think I'll pull it together and head down with the guys. They are all pulling together their own 02's to drive down and I would think a caravan would be a good thing.

My car is weeks away from completion. My new dash is almost done, interior is going back in and the S-14 is almost ready to fire up. It's been a slow process but I am looking forward to it. We are doing some pretty crazy things with the stereo but all in all I have been very pleased with the what's going on.

I hope to see you guys down south.

Paul

PS.....it's the final push! You can do it!!!

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

excellent paul. my wife is flying in to meet me. im a day or 2 from firing my car. (i hope it starts) i look forward to seeing all you guys down there. there should be some really great cars in attendance

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

have you started it yet????

nope, im waiting on an afm gasket i lost. i dont want to be sucking unmetered air or id try it but thats all thats holding me up. should be in monday i think. im dumping fuel in it this weekend and testing for leaks. im kind of scared to try it. but i finished the interior today. the seats look really nice with all matching scheel cloth so im excited about that. i sat in it for an hour tonight listening to the stereo. i cant believe its a real car. i mean it just has seemed like a bunch of parts for so many years its hard to think of it as a car

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

What did you work out for a speaker setup? I remember reading that you had the 6x9s under the rear seat.

Any recent pictures?

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

i cant believe its a real car. i mean it just has seemed like a bunch of parts for so many years its hard to think of it as a car

Good stuff Steve! Can't wait to see it on the road. Just took mine out for the first time in close to two years. Still have side glass and interior to put in, but it felt good to remind myself why I was dropping all that coin.

What did you work out for a speaker setup? I remember reading that you had the 6x9s under the rear seat.

Any recent pictures?

I dont have anything worthwhile to post up. maybe ill shoot a few of the interior. the cars really dirty and doesnt look that great right now. i actually had 6 1/2s in small boxes i built and i have them just temporarily sitting in the rear. im not happy with it and i will redo it soon. not sure how ill do it yet. im also thinking of moving the sub to the trunk as its a tight fit on the rear floor.

this would be fitting of how i do everything 3 times before im satisfied but the stereo can be finished anytime

ian, great to hear yours is up and running. id love to see more pics of it when youre ready.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com