• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mayonnaise on the dash??

2002Targa

Ok, so I'm in Napa the other day buying some brake fluid and there's this kid in front of me with some other stuff (including a bottle of armor all) getting rang up, the old cooter behind the desk gets to the armor all and says "whachoo gettin this for?" Kid says my car. Old cooter says "Nah, go home and get some Mayo and rub it around, the oils in it are much better than that crap" Kid blows him off and gets the armor all.

So I get to thinking this afternoon as I'm cleaning out my car, WTF? Might as well try it ....

Here it is, Mayo-All in all it's glory.

I'll probably go back to 303, but I thought I'd try it out and see how it holds up....

post-67-13667560958585_thumb.jpg

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

Mayo has soybean oil, vinegar and egg yolks, among other things...

I hope it's better for your dash than it is for my thighs...

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Armour all is probably the worst thing you can put on your dash, seats or door panels. Armour all has a silicone base that DOESN'T (DOES NOT) do shit except make your vinyl shiny. Silicone actually magnifies the UV's and makes your dash crack faster. now im not gonna push our product but, Griots Vinyl and Rubber Dressing is silicone free that has a UV inhibitor in it so your dash stays looking new. The 8 oz bottle will last you years (one sqquirt per tire, 2 squirts for the dash)

GREG

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

I'm with Greg. Armor All is junk, and should not be put near anything inside a car. I deal with vinyl, and leather all day, every day. All of my suppliers sell a product that they recommend to protect the vinyl and leather they sell me. Not one of them sells ArmorAll. We use 303 on dashes, seats, and door panels, and Wurth Rubber Care(Gumifledge) on seals. Once our 303 runs out, I'm going to try the Wurth equivalent.

Mayo? Hmm, I'd be worried about the smell if it starts to rot!

Al

67 1600

77 630csi

81 323i

68 VW Bug

06 Volvo V50

I've see it used on a 1964 mustang including the dash and top in Eastern Washington for over 20years with nothing but great results. As far as I'm concerned if it was that bad would it still be around after all this time??

People have held this opinion about armor all being bad for a long time, personally I like the stuff, on tires these days more than anything, and it's cheap, available by the multipak at Costco.

That being said, I do use Griots products for the rest of my detailing needs, and they are top notch, but top dollar too.

-------------

BigDog

'76 2002