• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attaching Brake lines to Brake Master Cylinder

I have a 72 2002 and replaced the standard brake booster w. a Tii brake booster. The master cylinder is the standard master cylinder. Installing new brake lines with an IE cunifer set. Reviewed RealOEM for both Tii and 2002 for a 72 and the attachment points are different from the repair manual.

1. Can the attachment points #1 and #3 be switched? 

2. Can the attachment points #4 and #5 be switched?

Diagrams look like #1-#3 are one circuit, and #4-#5 are a separate circuit and thus can be switched within their respective groups. 

Repair Manual:

MasterCylinderbrakelineattachments.thumb.jpg.8ae2e994e143e7e695b6e6024991fc4c.jpg

RealOEM 2002Tii 1972 Brake Pipes Front, (same as the RealOEM 2002):

RealOEMTiibrakelineattachments.thumb.jpg.79a0b488620e7ecb70e5cefa37dc9559.jpg

Yes can’t see why not. Lines 1 to 3 connected to same chamber (front piston) and lines 4 & 5 are joined in same chamber (rear piston). Front chamber has valve for rear circuit so it has to be used for that unless you want to modify oe system to something else.

• Like 2

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

Yes agree you can switch the pipe connections within the group of outlets at the end OR the group at the middle of the m/cyl. But concerning original outlet No3, there should be a residual pressure valve (RPV) on that outlet, and that RPV is required for the hydraulic line that goes to the rear brakes. I think it's possible to swap the RPV to whatever outlet you choose to use.

Maybe the RPV depends on year? That diagram you show has pressure limiting valves shown instead... I guess that did same job on later cars?

Edited by dlacey

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

What you don't want to do is to plumb both lines to a caliper off the same chamber of the master or a failure of either one chamber will lead to a sharp turn.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

Yup, should be fine.  I can send over a bunch of install photos if you'd find them helpful.

If you can send a few I would appreciate it

Thanks all!

Dennis