• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scammer(s) Again...In the WTB Section

BeMyWay

I placed a Want to Buy post in the clasified section recently for a radiator to install in my 1976 2002.  

Within 24-hours, I received the following:

image.thumb.png.eb3302d031b735bd64700aef48e68ca9.png

image.thumb.png.5afa289d58203d2d5a92d688a2f7047a.png

They (Lily) was persistent that she was ready to make the sale. 

Now, Lily is asking $350 for her radiator.  

After a couple more discussions, she reduced the costs to $250.

I asked Lily for a picture and I did a Google search and came up with this link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/2251832682679955.html?gatewayAdapt=vnm2glo4itemAdapt

However, I witheld my newly found information from Lily...and had a few minutes to troll the TROLL.

Following is part of my conversation with Lily: 

• Lily - You can make half payment upfront and once you receive the part then balance.   I understand your being wary and in addition to us not having had any deal in the past, but I think at my age of 64, I should be a bit trust worthy. $250 isn't an amount to be conned, although, some thieves will do so. My word is my bond anyway.
  • Me - I'm understand what you have offered.  So, me being 65 y.o.  I should be trustworthy also.  And, I can be traced back to the webpage for confirmation of my credentials.  Therefore, I'm good for our transaction.  If you send the radiator to me and upon receiving it, I'll immediately send you the agreed $250.  Let me know your decision. Thanks.
  • Lily - Who does that? I can see you are not ready for this deal thanks for your time

So, I have not heard from Lily.

The moral of this post, stay on your guard and always remember...

Stream Who Loves Ya, Baby? by Kojak | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Disclaimer...maybe I am wrong about Lily.  :rolleyes:

Edited by BeMyWay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Light is seriously underrated.

21 hours ago, BeMyWay said:

Google search and came up with this link:

Sophisticated materials? For the hose?? Does it have a degree, or social standing? Single or married? Is that a hose or a hoser?

Seems like someone gonna get hosed eventually... 

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

15 hours ago, steve k. said:

The user has been removed. If you can, please send a report in the future.

Steve K.

Okay, I will.  Thanks for the directions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the rest of you guys keep me laughing!

Thanks

Light is seriously underrated.

Lily hangs out with some nefarious people. I've seen similar scams here and its always been 'talk to Lily. Her husband was a member here.".

LOL.

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

As the Bible says (in Matthew 6): Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin.  Apparently this Lily just scams (with apologies to Jesus)...

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Lilly said "top condition" nuff said there. I employ a certain spidy-sense-filter and if the language sounds like an attempt at presenting one's self as sophisticated or "hey I'm a stand up guy" I tend to pass on contacting them.  

We all know, most car people have a parlance that does not smell like too much bullshit. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 2

But what do I know

I am trustworthy lol....

Leonardo's law #7: 

Never ever trust anyone that says "Trust Me"

• Like 2

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

I got the same thing.  Lilly was super responsive, but wasn't sounding like a 65 YO young lady.  She wanted to use CashApp - hmmm, and then, when I asked for a picture of the part (it was a pedal box for a new Klasse) with her hand in the picture, she couldn't make that happen - then I got "who would scam you for 250 bucks" message.  Told her I wasn't comfortable and moved on.  Funny - the guy who told me about her came off as Australian - "g'day mate and all.  Thanks for deleting the user and keeping us safe!

• Like 1