• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koito H4 kits CHEAP!!!!!

Just ordered a set, $23, and when I checked out a $6 'discount' appeared.  Lucky day...

These are actually going on my French spec Defender which donated its' Cibie's to my '02.  The LR could really use the relay kit!

Edited by wingswheelshulls
  • Like 1

1974 '02 Golf 'Gabby', few Porsches and leaky British things.

It’s interesting to see the variation in how the bulbs fit the grilles. Mine seem to protrude more than Visionaut’s. 

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.d62321b81370d2cdc37c17732d594c83.jpeg

I didn’t use the wiring harness. I did make some little plastic backed 400grit sandpaper tabs to insert in the old wire terminals to remove oxidation.  It was a good job for screw grabbing drivers and magnets, with all the little fasteners. 

IMG_1354.thumb.jpeg.f1520564383a7141f5ab1bc25305f8b0.jpeg

I’ll have to look into adjusting them to make sure they’re not offensive to other drivers.  They will be much brighter than my old Cibies. One of the lenses actually came apart when I removed the screws! 

IMG_1329.thumb.jpeg.f408647ba20c99933176c0c64c31e462.jpeg

I like vintage stuff and the old ones blended in nicely, but sometimes new is necessary. 

Tom

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

It’s interesting to see the variation in how the bulbs fit the grilles. Mine seem to protrude more than Visionaut’s. 

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.d62321b81370d2cdc37c17732d594c83.jpeg

I didn’t use the wiring harness. I did make some little plastic backed 400grit sandpaper tabs to insert in the old wire terminals to remove oxidation.  It was a good job for screw grabbing drivers and magnets, with all the little fasteners. 

IMG_1354.thumb.jpeg.f1520564383a7141f5ab1bc25305f8b0.jpeg

I’ll have to look into adjusting them to make sure they’re not offensive to other drivers.  They will be much brighter than my old Cibies. One of the lenses actually came apart when I removed the screws! 

IMG_1329.thumb.jpeg.f408647ba20c99933176c0c64c31e462.jpeg

I like vintage stuff and the old ones blended in nicely, but sometimes new is necessary. 

Tom

Hmmmm....must be something going around.

BMW74co.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Got them installed on the truck and what a difference! Still can’t believe $16.92 for lights, bulbs and wiring harness with relays and fuses! Let there be light! 
 And yes, definitely something going around! 😂

Bob

IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

• Like 5

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Looks like another deal that's too good to be true with those loose lens.  I'm sticking to my Hellas.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

23 minutes ago, jimk said:

Looks like another deal that's too good to be true with those loose lens.  I'm sticking to my Hellas.

I think he was saying that his cibies came apart when he took them out to install the koitos… Hellas have done me right in the past. I’m not saying Hellas and cibies are junk… Just can’t beat the deal of a comparable brand at this point. 

Live your life! By all means, buy what you like Sr! 

• Like 1

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

12 hours ago, jimk said:

The lenses falling off were both from vintage Cibie's...and an old school halogen 'sealed' beam.

The Hellas were my go-to, but the last set I bought, for my Wife's '23 Wrangler (OE halogens were absolute rubbish..cute w/ little Jeep bulb shields, but rubbish), had plastic reflectors.    So for e-Codes, Hella now have plastic reflectors, Cibie are out of production, and we are left w/ these Koitos which are excellent, Lucas which are OK and the Southern Asian and Chinese made stuff...

Edited by wingswheelshulls
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, E21kc said:

Get off my lawn!

If people only knew how to write clearly.  Never owned Cibies, so how he hell could I tell which fell apart, the new deal or the old junk.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

27 minutes ago, jimk said:

If people only knew how to write clearly.  Never owned Cibies, so how he hell could I tell which fell apart, the new deal or the old junk.

IMG_2278.jpeg.4b913335aee9b670d77b42f5c0983a2b.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Mine seem to protrude more than Visionaut’s.

No Tom, mine are similar.  They actually fill out the grille opening better, and I like you can now see a bit of the headlamps from the sides ( more visibility never hurts).

IMG_2110.thumb.jpeg.bbab11f22326a66ab06cefd6acbb476b.jpeg

• Like 4

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Are you all going direct to the battery with the power terminals or doing something more integrated with factory wiring? I mocked this up last night and "bench tested" it by going straight to the battery. Excited to get it installed but with my limited electrical skills I am hesitant to tie into factory wiring without guidance. Nothing wrong with going straight to the battery I guess. 

I went right to the battery positive and negative. It’s right there in the front. If you have a battery relocation I’d imagine it would be different but in any event that’s what I did. Works like a champ. 

• Thanks 1

Same here, went straight off the battery. The harness seems like it was custom made for my truck! 

And same here again, I like the protrusion of the new lamps. The quality cant be beat, and Fyi cranky Jim, the beam pattern is better to my eyes than Hella e codes. Clear as mud! 😁

Bob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3