• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rotor centered in caliper - close enough?

My rotor is not perfectly centered in the caliper-- but is it close enough?

New Tii hubs, new bearings, new Alpina repro rotors (20mm), and newly rebuilt Tii calipers with a 7mm spacer to fit the Alpina rotors. Because of the widened calipers on the regular Tii hub, I placed thin washers on the caliper mounting bolts between the flange and the calipers (as Alpina did). This 'pulls' the caliper in a bit over the rotor-- but it's still not quite centered. Even a 1mm thicker washer would take me too far the other way though.

The brake pads don't rub on either side. I have to admit, I'm mostly tired of screwing around with these parts. Can I quit now or I will I die in a fiery crash?

Thanks,

Michael

image.thumb.jpeg.dc917a889d6e23c8aec861ae1e0bd373.jpeg

IMG_7106.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

• Like 2

If there is enough clearance on both sides so that it's not rubbing to caliper in any circumstance.

Finding or making half a mm thicker washers would be perfect.

• Like 2

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Everything ok: the combo Alpina disc on ti hub and 7mm Spacer always had some shims between strut and Caliper. 
If the pad is free and you have .5 mm between Disc and Caliper I would just leave it.

Edited by uai
  • Like 3

Pads don't bind, caliber does not grind = rotor turns easily -> good to go.

Check after some miles. Things do flex. If no marks on calibers then leave as is. If marks then play with shims.

• Like 3

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

Ha good catch Uli! I fixed it.

For some reason I was thinking the bleeder needed to face down to drain fluid, instead of facing up to let air escape. This is why it takes me many, many hours to do the simplest mechanical task. 🥴

The hub is not alloy, just new.