• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72’ 2002 M20 2.9 ITB Goodness

02legit

Midnight Motorsport in Seattle is who put everything together, thanks Patrick and his team! 

2.9 street stroker kit. 
284/280 cam

RHD 40 itb kit

60lb injectors 

IE headers 

e32 750i master cylinder for the brakes ..

e30 5speed with modified 2002 rear subframe holding a e30 3.73ls diff 

megasquirt is taking care of the tuning side 

custom strut brace from Midnight/ custom motor mounts… the firewall had to be trimmed just a bit to fit everything in… the motor is set as far back as possible without major firewall mods… 

Edited by 02legit
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 02legit said:

184/180 cam

Hmm, that's a bit... quick.

284/280, maybe?

And a custom tunnel...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

A particularly nice job with the tranny tunnel mods to accommodate the E30 tranny.  Very nicely executed (in addition to everything else!).  Also like the oil cooler mounted in a nice safe place next to the radiator vs down below in a vulnerable spot.  

Great work all around...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Glad to see you made it from west Seattle to Florida ok. I watched Patrick build this over the months . He did a great job with all the fabrication. Great attention to all the details. Real strong sounding M20. It is a testament to Patrick's skills that you got it home without trouble. I guess the time spent on breaking things in and driving it here worked well. Enjoy the car and be careful I hear traction is precious in second to third, I want your rear tire budget!!