• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on this 2002

Deuce

19 hours ago, Georges said:

It all comes down to the price and your willingness to do your own repairs. 

This.  Aside from the rocker panels this car looks pretty solid.  Given the mechanical work that has been done and the included 5-speed, this could be a deal for someone who can weld and paint.  All depends upon where the biding goes.

21 hours ago, John76 said:

That's because you forget what you did yesterday, so you project starts over every day. 

It's not "project creep".... it's "project retard". 

LOL...so true.  when i was working, there was time pressure.  i got a lot of projects done fast.  since retiring, projects take much longer.   eg...I am currently doing the oil pan gasket on my S54 powered race car.  should take an afternoon...now on my third day.  🤣   it is wonderful.

• Like 5

2xM3

7 hours ago, tech71 said:

What the heck is that sticking out of the tunnel?

Maybe a makeshift ground strap? Anyone remember the popular static straps on the '50 & '60's cars??

Or a burned-up exhaust temperature sensor (attached to the open end of the collector).

Or the remains of a drag chute? ... before the new stainless hoses were installed.

Or the remains of a support system for the sagging driveshaft.

Any other ideas?????

Mysterything.jpg.43e7c6e0b807c1ebfe8ee32035aa02ff.jpg

I hate to admit it but the rust spooked me off. There were a couple shots in the large batch of images that sobered me up. Someone with the right skills got a cool project - just not me this time ... Thanks to all that gave feedback.