• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filter King & DCOE - Fuel line routing

Leucadian
Go to solution Solved by AceAndrew,

I just picked up a filter king and gauge from I.E and I plan on mounting it on the firewall, similar to this setup:

image.png.53f5102e4e6fd9c8e93e2840515fbc17.png

My question is regarding the routing of the fuel lines back to the carb from this location, and where/how I should mount the pressure gauge?  Does anyone have close ups of a similar install?  

Can I run a 90 degree fitting off of the carb and a 90 at the filter and connect the two?  Or should I just snake a line from the carbs to the filter and call it a day?  Crude drawing with my setup, for reference

image.thumb.png.a42d6812c13cc3336cf0b6d7a2e6e58c.png

Thanks!

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

The inlet on my filter king is on the left (which is where I drill/tapped for the pressure gauge).  The right outlet I’ll just loop the fuel hose around.

2069F77D-DFDE-4207-8467-9469FC2A26D7.jpeg

Never occurred to me to drill and tap.  Thanks!

@02carbs 

Didn't want to start another thread for this, but I'd like to remove the bracket on the firewall that held the emissions control equipment:

image.png.961ec8491f2b53e4258f244b8327b2dc.png

Is it possible to take an angle grinder to it and cut it out, or will that leave a sizeable hole?  There's also not a ton of room to maneuver back there.  I just want a smooth surface where I can mount my Filter King.  

@02carbs 

51 minutes ago, scanner said:

Emissions control bracket looks like a good place to mount the filter king without having to make holes in the firewall?

That was my original thought, but I may not have clearance for the gauge on top of the filter, like Andrew's setup.

I'll test fit it when the gauge and mounting bracket arrives

@02carbs 

19 hours ago, scanner said:

Emissions control bracket looks like a good place to mount the filter king without having to make holes in the firewall?

That's what I did. My engine bay has a lot more patina though....   I put my fuel pressure gauge on  90 deg. elbow to make sure it didn't contact anything. I actually like it this way as I can glance over and easily see it while I'm leaning in to the engine bay adusting the carbs.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 164704.jpg

• Like 1

If you remove that mount you'll sure screw up that nice paint, I think I would make a plate that screws to that mount and allows the filter to be mounted low enough to fit the gauge.

• Like 3

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944