• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Score!

tech71

Picked up a set of E21 Recaros today, not bad, not bad at all. 
Missing the covers for both seat back levers but foam is decent, new straps wouldn’t hurt and covers are a bit odd but  I can probably live with them in Franzi as is. 
90 minute drive up I5  to pick up. 
My best score off CL to date,  I’m kinda stoked😬

5C346C23-C748-44D1-B132-1FE0A38908E5.jpeg

8D60F6C6-7B87-4BCA-A70C-E94A37D25C56.jpeg

7C1E4AA5-B586-417E-8C12-42B5A0E8E84A.jpeg

• Like 8

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

2 hours ago, bavariaboy said:

Yes.  Thinking about Recaros for my 02, wondering about cost, asking how much you paid for your "Score?"

$650.00 + half tank of fuel and 5 hrs of my time.

Not sure yet cost involved in purchasing seat back lever handles and covers..

Drivers seat has the typical "screwdriver in the pocket rash" and I could do without the "E21" embossed into the headrests but oh well.

I'm happy with the deal😉

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

The seats at Aardvark Have much, much better upholstry ( German vinyl) 

Problem with buying outright from them is they can’t get near enough decent cores, they have a lengthy waiting list and don’t think they are even  taking  new names for it

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I think that upholstery pattern on your new seats is called "Orca"  😁

Good score, though, regardless.  As E21s disappear from salvage yards, there goes our supply of OD 5 speeds, Recaro seats, LSDs, and pushbutton dash switches...

mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Nice score. Are you going to make your own brackets? I just made brackets for mine yesterday. Fastmetals.com will ship you 3/8 x 2 in x 18in bar stock for about $12 a piece. 10 minutes on a drill press and a fist full of M6-1.0x25mm counter sunk fasteners and you're good to go. If you are using aftermarket dual locking slides, PM me and I'll explain how I managed to clearance the connecting rod under the seat pan. 

I left a ton of extra material on my brackets incase I wanted to adjust my seat position further to the rear. Also in hindsight I should have drilled multiple mounting locations for adjustment purposes and to tuck the seat in closer to the parking brake without having to go back to the press every time. 

3 hours ago, MarcD said:

Nice score. Are you going to make your own brackets?

My life is so chaotic so probably not, in fact due to new developments I don’t see any car time (fun) at all in my foreseeable future. Yesterday was a good day, today is not

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris