• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Panasports GT/Minilites

bluehills2002

Maybe more info, but still just a guess.

https://www.speedsterowners.com/topic/dan-gurney-wheels-nice-set

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/lvcc/lvcc_newsletters/lvcc_2018_10_fifth_wheel.pdf

Maybe Dan Gurney wheels ? or Maybe and appear to be rarer wheel Hands Engineering.

The Hands wheel look to have a raised center.  

3 hours ago, bluehills2002 said:

Does anyone recognize these wheels?  They are for sale by me and are billed as 4x100 “ Panasport GTs/Minilites” but are in storage so the seller does not have a photo of the markings.  I am wondering how they would look on a 2002.  Any input appreciated!  Tom

681D5B8E-3F05-4882-9628-1B0BD5A537ED.jpeg

0A6147AE-CC7B-42BF-A093-2AB29876200E.jpeg

They look cool, I've seen them on multiple models. You'd probably want to fashion some sort of center cap though, unless they come with them - Roundel wheel emblems come in lots of different diameters and can be trimmed to fit if you're into that kind of a project. Make sure the offset is close, you might need spacers although these look deeper set than most I've seen 

From the photos alone, I'd guess they're too low offset.

But that's a guess from a cell phone picture over the internets.

Also, what diameter?  14" tires in particular are getting to 

be a really hard thing to find...  he says, having lots of 14" rims.

t

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

4 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

4x100 and 4x114 are hard to tell apart without measuring.

And 4x98 mm and 4 x 4" are even harder to tell without measuring.  4x98mm = Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Mazda; 4 x 4" is Corvair, 6 cyl Falcons & Mustangs, Vegas etc. 

And the correct offset for a 2002 is equally important.  Lots of FWD cars (VW in particular) use a 4 x 100 mm but the offset for a FWD car can be way off for an '02.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

20mm is just on the outside edge of ok- while et12 E21 wheels (eh?) fit, they're really heavy to steer,

and you can't run a wide tire.

The extra 8mm will put you right at the edge of the fender, but it'll work.

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL