• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter Window Part Help

tomphot

These part numbers can be a challenge for me at times using the OEM charts.

I'm trying to find out the correct number for the chrome vertical strip piece that goes over the hinge for the rear quarter window. 

Thanks

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

5 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

From the diagram on realoem.com it looks like you can only buy the whole hinge with the chrome.

That’s what I thought.  I ordered it and it ended up being a black piece that is apparently underneath the chrome piece.  In addition, it’s apparent that both bags have been opened and then taped shit again with new labels put on.  This makes me believe I’m not the first to try to order this part and been disappointed. 

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

I looked in my factory parts book and agree--it can be confusing.  But here's what I found on pg 51-45:

P/N 51 36 7 441 110 is shown as "packing"--presumably the rubber piece that is fastened to the glass and allows it to pivot in and out.

P/N 51 36 7 441 109 is shown as "hinge"--and looks like the metal piece that covers the "packing" (pt ...110 above).

Hope that helps...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

23 minutes ago, tomphot said:

It's not with the other trim parts in the book, instead it's with the gaskets. 

The factory parts book can be weird like that.  American and German logic as to where certain parts should appear in the parts book seem to differ in more than a few cases.  For example, try to find the "elephant trunks/duck lips" that drain the heater plenum chamber.  They're not where you'd expect to find 'em,and now I've forgotten where they are.  And that's not the only example...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yes, the "elephant trunk/duck lips" drainage tubes can be found in the Bowden Cable sub-section of the Heater section. Of coarse they should be in the heater section. Likewise, anyone looking for the mountings for the rear sway bar, shouldn't bother looking for those in the Rear Axle section, because they're conveniently tucked away in the Front Axle section. Good for a brief laugh, though.

Edited by Gurmail
  • Haha 1

1968 BMW 1600