• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 - owners exhaust? NE interest?

Anthony

Curious if there is any interest in a 2002 turbo (OEM pattern) exhaust made in 2.5" tubing in stainless? This is would effectively be a copy of the turbo exhaust but made with larger diameter tubing. Same hangers, mounting, look etc. 

This would be for s14 swapped 2002s but use a custom 2.5" 2002 turbo exhaust.

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/collections/bmw-heritage/products/bmw-2002-turbo-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-1973-75

Anthony

Edited by Anthony
spelling

I would be more interested the quieter it was.  Or at least with a quiet option.  Obviously I'm getting old because it's too damned loud!!!  Or could just be the intake, don't know really.  And it would probably need to pick up the dual outlet s14 header, or better, have a 2 into 1 collector that bolts up to the header, with a slip joint (?) to the rest of the exhaust to better help with alignment...  (I'm the retard that doesn't use the stock '02 subframe... so who knows where my engine is compared to everyone else.)

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

40 minutes ago, irdave said:

I would be more interested the quieter it was.  Or at least with a quiet option.  Obviously I'm getting old because it's too damned loud!!!  Or could just be the intake, don't know really.  And it would probably need to pick up the dual outlet s14 header, or better, have a 2 into 1 collector that bolts up to the header, with a slip joint (?) to the rest of the exhaust to better help with alignment...  (I'm the retard that doesn't use the stock '02 subframe... so who knows where my engine is compared to everyone else.)

IRDAVE yes, mine is very loud (Magnaflow resonator and custom stainless muffler) the 2002 turbo exhaust is just about right louder on an s14 for sure. 

Given that the 2002 turbo center muffler is not available from BMW, going the Quicksilver route makes sense for me - waiting to hear back on the change from 2.25" to 2.5"

Anthony, leaving the tech side of 2.25 or 2.5 exhaust alone on a practical side your going to have to be spot on to get a 2.5 pipe over the rear subframe I'm not saying it can't be done but everyone is going to have to find their own sweet spot. 2,25 is hard enough to keep from hitting all the stuff that needs missing in that area. In my imo.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

On 6/16/2021 at 12:30 PM, irdave said:

And it would probably need to pick up the dual outlet s14 header, or better, have a 2 into 1 collector that bolts up to the header, with a slip joint (?) to the rest of the exhaust to better help with alignment...

I would be interested in a S14 to BMW 2002 stock exhaust down pipe.  Something to pick up the dual outlet S14 header and then route it to the correct position to couple with the stock exhaust center pipe or possibly the IE Stainless Steel exhaust system from the center pipe back.  Nice quiet stealth exhaust option for my BMW 1600 S14 swap.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

For a 2002, s14 and quiet are a bit mutually exclusive.  There is not enough room under a 2002 to get big enough mufflers to get it quiet.  Stock E30 M3 mufflers are huge compared to the space available on a 2002.

If the s14 is for Cars & Coffee winning and toddling around town, a stock 02turbo exhaust works fine and is about as quiet as it can get.  No noticable loss of power in that usage.

A 2.5in will fit no issue over the rear subframe.  That is about as big as would ever be needed.

2xM3

I don't know Marshall, @jimk's car is crazy quiet on the inside (no carbon intake and all the sound damping / mitigating material.)  From the outside, whatever, but from the inside, I was amazed at how quiet it was.  TBF, my car came with no interior, no door gaskets, and the header resting on the frame rail, and I have to be partially deaf by now, but his car is amazing...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.