• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fog/Driving Light Brackets

D Seattle

Just wanted to give a shout out and renew the resource that Pierre is still supplying the fog/driving light brackets.  Arrived quickly, all good, for $40 plus $9 shipping.  And yes, I know that up high they are "driving lights" but we call them what we call them.  :-) 

Here is his email address for anyone who needs it.

bimmerfan02@hotmail.comFog Bracket.jpg

• Like 4

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

21 hours ago, D Seattle said:

Just wanted to give a shout out and renew the resource that Pierre is still supplying the fog/driving light brackets.  Arrived quickly, all good, for $40 plus $9 shipping.  And yes, I know that up high they are "driving lights" but we call them what we call them.  ?

Hear hear.  Call ‘em what you like, they turn a real PIA fabrication job into a pleasant exchange of correspondence with a nice guy.D9714E30-F669-4953-AD72-9AEF4F3AE635.jpeg

• Like 3

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Can either of you show how they mount to the light and car? Mine are mounted to the bumper but with a new bumper ready to install, I would prefer not to drill and possibly mount them in the grill area.

Thanks!

Carlos...

Chamonix 2002tii 2782507 July 23rd, 1974

Granada 2002 1664158 November 28th, 1968

Malaga 2002 4223965  March 11th, 1974 - Sold

You'll Never Drive Alone!  #YNDA

19 minutes ago, Carlos_M said:

Can either of you show how they mount to the light and car? Mine are mounted to the bumper but with a new bumper ready to install, I would prefer not to drill and possibly mount them in the grill area.

Thanks!

Carlos...

Carlos, there’s actually a thread on the faq about this, but the short of it is: remove your grills, and you’ll see the already-there holes on the vertical metal nose braces.  Suitable nuts/bolts/washers and 10 minutes later they’re on.  For ‘74 and later cars, you have to hacksaw out a small section of one grill crossmember on each grill.  This is an IQ test for many of us, as it’s really easy to eyeball it, say “oh yeah, that one” and then cut the wrong one.  But the actually cutting takes 30 seconds for each grill.  The driving light end of the bracket is just a hole, and virtually all driving lights have a threaded post that passes through it, and a nut and washer to secure the light against it.  Have to admit I’m still puzzling through how to do fine directional adjustments to my Hellas, but since the car has been up on jackstands virtually since i put the lights on last August I have never really had the need to figure out out!

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, D Seattle said:

Just wanted to give a shout out and renew the resource that Pierre is still supplying the fog/driving light brackets.  Arrived quickly, all good, for $40 plus $9 shipping.  And yes, I know that up high they are "driving lights" but we call them what we call them.  🙂

Anyone know if Pierre is still around? 
I've tried his email, found him on FB and messaged him there, messaged him here. No responses. I'd really like to get a pair of these. Last mention of him I've found on FAQ was Feb of 2022.

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

2 hours ago, Leucadian said:

Kooglewerks also sells a set of brackets that I just installed.  But, It looks like the spacing is a little farther apart between lights, compared to Pierre's.

Ive seen those. 4x the cost and when I looked at the front of my car it appeared the mount wouldnt allow enough room for the Hella 500's. The issue I think is that I have an early car (roundie) but a later front clip. So a KW style mount would have to be over the bumper, not behind it. 

If I can't source Pierre's I'll just have to have a buddy weld something to the bumper brackets, but Pierre's would be easier. 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

5 hours ago, Pablo M said:

Anyone know if Pierre is still around? 
I've tried his email, found him on FB and messaged him there, messaged him here. No responses. I'd really like to get a pair of these. Last mention of him I've found on FAQ was Feb of 2022.

I was in email contact with him last October - it took him a couple of days to reply. 

Edited by zambo

8 hours ago, zambo said:

I was in email contact with him last October - it took him a couple of days to reply. 

2 hours ago, Fensterbrett said:

@Pablo M If Pierre isn't still around, I have a set of these that I likely won't be using.  Ping me if you don't hear back in the coming days/weeks.  First option should be buying directly from Peirre... so lets give him a chance to respond.

To be fair, it’s been several weeks already of multiple attempts of communicating with him. That’s why I stalked him on Facebook and messaged him there too, without a response. 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

• 2 months later...

I've sent Pierre an email directly and left a DM here. What's the trick to get in touch with him? I'd like to get a pair of his short light mounts. 

Yes, he’s still around. I ordered a set last month and had them within a few days. It took a few days to reply to my initial email, but was then very responsive. Maybe just shoot him an email again (things get trapped in spam filters, missed emails, just general life gets in the way, etc.).

• Like 1

1971 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

1984 Black Mercedes Benz 300TD