• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on 5-speed shift kit

d.hitchcock

3 hours ago, d.hitchcock said:

Advice on installation?

What year is your car? I bought the full kit for my 1600-2. It turned out the transmission tunnel was more narrow then later models. As such for me I had to try and modify the pretty bracket that comes with the kit. Needless to say I cut to much and ended up modifying a standard 2002 trans brace (including the tabs from the Bluntech kit). It all worked out.   I also put a plate on the inside of the car (On each side) where the tabs mount to spread the load. 

Everything else in the kit was plug and play. Good luck. 

D7A4028C-E6D9-4A24-B643-26C98F0FF764.jpeg

D024F5C9-7B46-4491-86D3-74AB24D79D22.jpeg

ABDA6D84-0AAB-4FBE-997D-E10F5C278627.jpeg

Edited by Dionk
  • Like 1

I used Blunt's kit on my '67, 2000CS and it was a high quality kit.  The forged aluminum shifter bracket is very nice, as is the machined aluminum dogbone. 

5 stars

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Thanks everybody. I was just looking for user feedback and product reviews before I pull the trigger on purchasing the kit. It  looks fantastic. I just wanted to ensure it works as good as it looks! lol

My car is a '76.

Oh hey, Dionk, I just now have seen your photographs. Very helpful.  ?

• Like 1

As Dion pointed out, early cars might need the rear support bracket shortened to fit inside the tunnel.  I had to trim quite a bit from the ends to fit in my 69 2002.

Other than that, the kit works very well.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"