resra

And whoever thought a 4 door BMW w/tii engine on BAT

18 posts / 971 viewsLast Reply

Wow... the tii of 5 series sedans.  What a cool setup!  And those headlight wipers!

Gorgeous.

Jason

• Like 1

@JsnPpp If I hadn’t just spent all my money, I’d be bidding on this. Put an A4 on this 520 and you’ve really got yourself something. 
michael

45 minutes ago, mccusername said:

@JsnPpp If I hadn’t just spent all my money, I’d be bidding on this. Put an A4 on this 520 and you’ve really got yourself something. 
michael

I always think of this e12 when I think of Alpina e12. This is a 528 however and so wouldn't have the A4, but what a fantastic back end.

IMG_2559.jpg

I believe I have seen a photo of a 520 with an A4 around somewhere too, can't think of where. Did a casual google search just now and it did not show up!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mccusername said:

Now that's stance!

Looks like a safari/rally car doesn't it.  Wish I had a side view!

Jason

(edited)

The E12 wasn't the only 4 door with a M10 Kugelfischer injection pump. The Neu Klasse also had 2000tii (Euro spec only). According to Wikipedia, 1,952 2000tii cars were built of this final Neu Klasse sedan model.  I've seen one at the BMW Corral at the Nurburgring Historics but I've never seen one on this side of the pond.

Edited by Gordon
  • Like 3

(edited)

I loved viewing the BaT pictures of this car.  It shows what I already knew about the tii engine in the e12:  the tii alternator is moved up and flipped around and uses the stud on the back of the lower timing cover.  Folks at Walloth Nesch told me BMW did this to allow (I suppose optional) power steering pump to mount below alternator.

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saaron said:

The air box is intriguing...

Scott

Unfortunately- someone commented it is mounted upside down.

• Haha 1

(edited)
12 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

I always think of this e12 when I think of Alpina e12. This is a 528 however and so wouldn't have the A4, but what a fantastic back end.

IMG_2559.jpg

I believe I have seen a photo of a 520 with an A4 around somewhere too, can't think of where. Did a casual google search just now and it did not show up!

I found that engine bay picture a few years ago...

9EBCD75F-A4F4-43EA-B2A2-279FB37E0BDC.jpeg

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

still hanging around 30k. That should give me enough left over budget to put this thing on bags, fill the trunk with speakers, add louvers and flares and black out the windows!

• Haha 1

I think retrofitting US bumpers may also be a nice touch while you are at it. Can you put an S50 in it too?

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1