• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door check / stopper bracket repair

Pramono

very nice!  how much?

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

On 4/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, mike said:

Very clever!  Will your bracket also work with the original (flat blade) style check strap, and the improved design flat blade strap offered by a FAQ member?

mike

I can confirm that the bracket and pin fit the door brakes that Harry Davis sells.  I've got both, but I like these modified Mercedes ones from Harry better than the newer style ones that BMW sells now.  Less pop when you open the doors.  More of a cushioned feel to them 

Bracket2.JPG

Time for me to start peeling back the original 1-piece carpet in my 74tii to expose that access hole.  1 piece carpet is a PITA and mine is all sandy and stinky,  I think i see a carpet kit from Esty in my future... 

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Thumbs up to the guys at PRDesign! I was able to install the repair bracket without any drama. The footwell carpet doesn’t need removal, just loosen the lower edge and corner just enough to access the port hole on the sheet metal. Using the bracket as the template for two 1/4” holes, nail punching the marks, drillIng, a bit of filing and the fiddly part of getting the backer plate piece in. Then bolt it up, set the pin, re glue the carpet and it’s done. Well worth the effort and price! Wife is happy!

6FC22949-BE7E-4A5C-8D08-2BE948217C30.jpeg

Anyone interested in purchasing can do so through the PR DesignSF website now.

https://prdesignsf.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F02-door-brake-bracket-repair-kit&page=2

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flashback circa 1973, note to self ....don't open drivers door while pulled over on shoulder along I-5 when a semi roars by..... bracket didn't break but pin popped out and leading edge of door sheet metal bent at hinge stop.  Same popping noise described resulted ever time door was opened or closed until door sheet metal repaired.

Bomber hack Pramono!