• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door sticker update

DanVT

Below is a pic of my new door sticker from car-bone.pl.

Some of you may remember Kamil Hajczyk from car-bone.

Kamil left the company about two years ago and apparently some of the knowledge about 2002 door stickers went with him.

I’ve been working with Marcin Srebrzynski at car-bone to re-create the latter three versions; the one shown here, the “b” version-ink or punchings, and the “c” version with the appropriate weights, the USA and no tii, etc. I’ve referred to what many of you have posted here. Thanks Steve.

The “inked” font is as close to original as we could get and in the right location.
So if you’re looking for a new sticker here ya’ go:

Marcin Srebrzynski  - office@car-bone.pl

www.car-bone.pl

He can send you a draft picture of your sticker if you provide date and VIN.

Dan

D00314FF-C8AE-493F-A0FB-DA98648D36EF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, DanVT said:

Below is a pic of my new door sticker from car-bone.pl.

Some of you may remember Kamil Hajczyk from car-bone.

Kamil left the company about two years ago and apparently some of the knowledge about 2002 door stickers went with him.

I’ve been working with Marcin Srebrzynski at car-bone to re-create the latter three versions; the one shown here, the “b” version-ink or punchings, and the “c” version with the appropriate weights, the USA and no tii, etc. I’ve referred to what many of you have posted here. Thanks Steve.

The “inked” font is as close to original as we could get and in the right location.
So if you’re looking for a new sticker here ya’ go:

Marcin Srebrzynski  - office@car-bone.pl

www.car-bone.pl

He can send you a draft picture of your sticker if you provide date and VIN.

Dan

D00314FF-C8AE-493F-A0FB-DA98648D36EF.jpeg

Well done, Dan!

Given that I’m doubtful I can restore my tii’s door sticker — shown below — I’m contacting Marcin and signing up for a replacement! Let’s call it my backup... ?

Thanks for working thorough the details of these stickers with Marcin and for posting this!

Regards,

Steve

7105D657-D5B1-4C1A-82AB-99BADCB53275.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Haha 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Delivery time- I’d say less than two weeks including the time to finalize payment. It came DHL so the actual ship time was a few days.

If you send Marcin an email and don’t hear back from him in few days, it could be that your email  went to his spam. We had that issue, so I suggest you retry. I’m not sure what the COVID has done to their work situation in Poland.

Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

Rear of left door:

20181015_132558.jpg

And it was a U.S. Federal requirement, so you won’t see these door stickers on Euro-spec cars.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

29 minutes ago, Conserv said:

And it was a U.S. Federal requirement, so you won’t see these door stickers on Euro-spec cars.

Regards,

Steve

What years was this done?

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

1 hour ago, Schon '02 said:

Any plans to re-create the non-tii version of the emissions sticker that goes in the passenger side cowl area below the windshield?

La Jolla Independent sells a decal kit but I don’t know if the emission sticker is part of that. Maybe someone who has ordered it can tell you, or contact La Jolla directly. I would think that car-bone could make it as they make numerous stickers. You’d have to send a good photo and dimensions of the sticker.

Dan

Here is my sticker which arrived in January.  Wouldn't have known about these without a previous thread.  If memory is correct, Steve said the later cars were punched rather than printed.

My cost was $88.56 with tax and shipping.  

Scan.pdf

• Like 1