• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K-Pump hollow bolt filters... Still avail?

Didn't see an individual part num for these on realoem... Can these little filters still be sourced?

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.35.29 PM.png

Edited by RenaissanceMan
forgot to attach pic

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

There is a long thread on here regarding suitable replacements. The upshot is that they are no longer available from BMW but, from memory, there was a number of potential replacements. 

My personal view view is why do you need it? If you are running and adequately servicing the correct fuel filter, what do you expect this screen to catch. I also understand that sometimes people like belt and braces, particularly with something like a KFish pump. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

3 minutes ago, Simeon said:

There is a long thread on here regarding suitable replacements. The upshot is that they are no longer available from BMW but, from memory, there was a number of potential replacements. 

My personal view view is why do you need it? If you are running and adequately servicing the correct fuel filter, what do you expect this screen to catch. I also understand that sometimes people like belt and braces, particularly with something like a KFish pump. 

Thanks... Will try to find that thread. Mine is just a little damaged so I figured I'd swap it if it wasn't a big deal to find a replacement.

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

No. I wasn’t able to find a good replacement either. I tried a few parts from heavy equipment (kubota, I think) and the Porsche bolt. Eventually I gave up and ran without it. No issues so far. Here’s the measurements if you want to look for yourself. 

363F720D-545E-4FF9-9592-30F221F53A30.png

The only time I have seen a problem with that filter is if the system has sat and accumulated a great amount of varnish. That can be cleaned or dissolved to get back to functioning.

BTW I use a Mahle KL-9 filter so I never have to worry about particulate matter and have more than adequate flow.

You could try contacting pacific fuel injection in San Francisco and see if they would sell you one?

Chamonix 2002tii 2782507 July 23rd, 1974

Granada 2002 1664158 November 28th, 1968

Malaga 2002 4223965  March 11th, 1974 - Sold

You'll Never Drive Alone!  #YNDA

23 hours ago, Einspritz said:

The only time I have seen a problem with that filter is if the system has sat and accumulated a great amount of varnish. That can be cleaned or dissolved to get back to functioning.

BTW I use a Mahle KL-9 filter so I never have to worry about particulate matter and have more than adequate flow.

There's an article at http://www.my2002tii.com/tii_fuel_filter.htm discussing using a Mercedes filter that's bigger - they had relocated the battery to the trunk so there was plenty of room. One benefit mentioned there I hadn't considered was the fact that the larger filter provided a larger reserve of fuel available to the engine - don't know how much of an issue that is, but with the original fuel pump having the accumulator to it, I suppose it can't hurt.

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii