• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

URO Door seals

Driv3r

I installed the new seals yesterday.  What a royal PITA it is to get the rubber in the A pillar and roof section. The b pillar was pretty easy.  I used a butter knife with a round point, no other tool I possess would work.  Took about 3 hours total.  The seals fit absolutely perfect.  I cannot tell the difference from the old ones because I never had them. I had to do a lot of door adjustment as the doors would not close but now they do albeit with some force.  My driver door was misaligned and the guide in the B pillar was already notched from the years of abuse, but now all is aligned and I am very happy with the result.  I am posting some pics because I took them and I can, but I am sure there is nothing new to see.  I will go for a drive in a bit and see how much of a difference the wind noise is now.  

4DDF0EA9-FD95-4E3B-A24D-439B33EB19CF.jpeg

C603CD44-7D9E-4D6C-8F46-5D317CA020B0.jpeg

D3B7F31E-34DF-468E-83B4-98D8DE425D3C.jpeg

8B065813-EE89-4717-B63A-0BCECF809545.jpeg

8693C859-AFC3-40C3-8AD6-B40C6965A932.jpeg

B8641B80-6EB6-42CC-9550-D80CAD59BF0C.jpeg

Edited by tashakes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

2 hours ago, tashakes said:

I installed the new seals yesterday.  What a royal PITA it is to get the rubber in the A pillar and roof section. The b pillar was pretty easy.  I used a butter knife with a round point, no other tool I possess would work.  Took about 3 hours total.  The seals fit absolutely perfect.  I cannot tell the difference from the old ones because I never had them. I had to do a lot of door adjustment as the doors would not close but now they do albeit with some force.  My driver door was misaligned and the guide in the B pillar was already notched from the years of abuse, but now all is aligned and I am very happy with the result.  I am posting some pics because I took them and I can, but I am sure there is nothing new to see.  I will go for a drive in a bit and see how much of a difference the wind noise is now. 

Those seals sometimes take a bit to smash into shape, so don't be surprised if the fit changes.

Yes, the first one is a bitch.

If you had no seals before, this should be way better.  Way.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

tashakes - Thank you for the quick feedback on your experience with the New Generation URO Door Seals.... it will be interesting to hear the feedback from the individuals that had the old generation Door Seals. 

I may add these to my Christmas list of items to buy myself if there is any money left over after getting my kids their gifts! ?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, URO Parts Support said:

Hi guys, hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

The part numbers for the updated Door Seals remains the same (51 71 1 808 685 & 51 71 1 808 686), but you can check the manufacturing code in the bottom right corner of the label to identify the new version seals, which will be code 7874, 7956, or 8060.  (All three of these codes were manufactured at the same time, the codes are only different because the seals were bagged on different dates.)  Future production runs of the redesigned seals will have codes higher than 8060.  Hope that helps! 

If anyone has earlier version seals still new in the bag or purchased them within the last two years, email your order confirmation from the retailer to "sales at uro parts dot com" and a note requesting replacements and referencing BMW2002faq.com.  After we approve your request (and ask you to send a photo of the seals cut into pieces), we'll send warranty replacements at no charge if you're willing to cover the actual shipping cost (PayPal is probably the easiest).

I emailed 'sales at uro parts dot com" yesterday eve and haven't heard anything back yet. I bought a set as soon as I saw the first posting in this thread from that Rocky place but they look like they were old stock. I guess I'll try and call tomorrow.

I sent them an email last night. Really don't expect that I'll get replacements as, they were a gift and I don't have a receipt. That's ok though. I still need a pair and will probably buy some of the new ones if their trade in program doesn't work for me. They seem pretty honorable regarding their products and service.

-dq

IMG_3255 (6) (11).JPG

Edited by coloincaalpine
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, URO Parts Support said:

Sorry everyone, our electricity has been out for almost two days due to high winds (brush fire danger) here in Southern California, we're back in the office now and working to catch up.

PG&E FTW /s.  :head shaking emoji.  RIP Paradise and all the people that died there and everywhere else because PG&E chose to ignore so much maintenance.  Sorry, OT, but still.  Flame front was moving over the ground at 500 YARDS PER MINUTE.  Cars were stalling because there was no oxygen to burn.  Fuck PG&E.  /tangent rant.

Glad you guys are ok.

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Just received this response after asking URO for replacement seals that I received as a gift (no receipt).These guys are on top of this,I mean, above and beyond to gain respect in the community.

They have mine.

-dq

Hi Dan, since you don't have an order confirmation, please lay out the bags containing your URO Parts seals on a flat surface and place your drivers license alongside one of the labels.  Take a photo of the white and blue URO labels (with your driver's license). then remove the seals from the bags and cut them into pieces.  Email the photos of labels and destroyed seals to "sales at uro parts dot com" with a note requesting replacements and referencing BMW2002faq.com.   We'll then send new warranty replacements at no charge if you're willing to cover the actual shipping cost (reimbursement via PayPal is probably the easiest).

Hope that helps out!

Drew

URO Parts Support

• Like 6

There wasn't a fire around me per say, but I was without power for a day and a half.  It is very strange to see most of the area where you live without power.  Soooo many people don't have a clue how to drive when the signals aren't working.

Nice to see URO standing behind their products !!

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

I ordered from RockAuto just after @URO Parts Support posted that the new parts were available, and it looks like I received a new design right side (manufacturing code 7956) but an old design left side (code 7457).

I could probably do a return with RockAuto, but I think I would need to pay for shipping both ways.  Has the shipping charge from the Uro Parts replacement approach been inexpensive?

1975 2002 Unknown Blue over Nylon Brown

1988 M3 Alpine White over Natur Tan

2004 ZHP Mystic Blue over Black Alcantara/cloth

1968 Mustang Sprint Edition Meadowlark Yellow over Parchment (for sale)

14 minutes ago, Dominic Germana said:

I ordered from RockAuto just after @URO Parts Support posted that the new parts were available, and it looks like I received a new design right side (manufacturing code 7956) but an old design left side (code 7457).

I could probably do a return with RockAuto, but I think I would need to pay for shipping both ways.  Has the shipping charge from the Uro Parts replacement approach been inexpensive?

Can you feel them and see if the new design is much softer? Curious about this.

'74 Verona