• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a little off topic--to help a friend

Mike Self

Since E30 318's are about the closest thing to a 2002 that BMW built after 1976, please indulge me this for a friend.  He has a really nice 92 318i convertible that his wife says "It's gotta go."  I helped him find the car 10 or so year ago--I think he bought it from a FAQ member.  He's kept it up very well--new top, runs well, no known problems and a nearly perfect interior (cloth!) other than the typical worn driver's seat back outside bolster.  He's asking somewhere in the low-mid $3k.  It's listed on the Dayton OH Craigslist if you want more details.  

Mike (my friend, not me) wants it to go to a good home and not be trashed or hot-rodded, so I thought I'd turn to fellow FAQers...You can contact the owner via the Craigslist ad, or PM me and I'll forward to him.  If I didn't already have too many cars, I'd be tempted...

Cheers and thanks for your patience

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I'll given him $3500 for his wife.... good money and he keeps the car. :)

But seriously, good luck and I will spread the word... to add to the off-topic nature, I had a beer with a stranger last night, car guy.. and exchanged numbers because he said he knew of a "little BMW" sitting under a tree on this old man's property. As I fell asleep last night dreaming of my $500 507 purchase, I awoke to this picture. Always one of my favorites and I am trying to get the facts. Love the real log cabin on the property too...

IMG_7946.thumb.JPG.75424f7baee5409f6327d1602b9d28cb.JPG

• Like 1

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

On 10/31/2018 at 12:06 PM, mike said:

He has a really nice 92 318i convertible that his wife says "It's gotta go."  I helped him find the car 10 or so year ago--I think he bought it from a FAQ member.  He's kept it up very well--new top, runs well, no known problems and a nearly perfect interior (cloth!) other than the typical worn driver's seat back outside bolster.  He's asking somewhere in the low-mid $3k. 

Hey Mike - I can't find it - did it sell?

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI