• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BWW authorized dealers and distributors, circa 1971

bluehills2002

P&W, in Pittsburgh, PA, is still in business as a BMW dealer.  Never did business with them, although they did have a good reputation, back in the day (don't have any idea, now).

Sadly, Cummins Motor Sales, in Canonsburg (where we purchased all three of our 2002s, new, abandoned BMW after BMW's repeated demands that they build a "new, modern facility in a high-traffic area").  Eventually, Bobby Rahal came in to fill the void.  However, I refuse to do business with any "mega dealers" and my 2002A receives all of it's service & repairs in my own workshop.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

funny how things change.... no dealerships in SC, but now it's home to their largest manufacturing plant.  Who would of thunk

• Like 1

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

Right at the top of the Pennsylvania listing is Universal Motor Sales of Butler, where my dad bought our car in 1971! It was a primarily Chrysler and Plymouth dealer where my dad worked in high school in the '50s, then became Keck Chrysler-Plymouth. After Plymouth was killed, the business eventually closed. The site is now a Get Go gas station.

-Dave

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler