• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002

oldman

It seems to me that this is a case of "...in the eye of the beholder...", as, while, to my eyes, it's a pleasing auto paint color, if you don't despise the color green, in any or all of it's variations, and, since I am not remotely knowledgable concerning the apparently complex varieties of auto paint formulations, neither contemporary nor historical, the only cogent reply I got here is, "Well, it sure looks nice enough to me, but, hey, at the end of the day, wtf do I know, anyway.....?", or something like that. I've never thought of, or noticed, auto paint not having some degree of glitter like reflection in the painted surface. Though, now that I am thinking about it, yeah, my old 1966 Ford F250 was pretty blandly reflective on the paint, tho it may have just been me being too lazy to give her a good wax and buffout. Plus, original paint, so, decades of weathering does seem to take the gloss off pretty efficiently.

Anyway, your conclusion is likely to be more accurate than mine on this.

rearclosed.JPG

frontgrill2.JPG

frontgrill.JPG

I noticed tha Dan lingers here. It induced the thought that an casual FYI concerning Illinois state law relevant to motor vehicles would be helpful, perhaps not to Dan, but to others.

And those who may have made the effort to read his linked .docx file, (which, i presume, consists of 8 out of the eventual 18 emails, Dan's initial 1+3, with my replies to each = 4, sans what followed his informing me of his chosen action here), may recall and connect the threads between what Illinois DMV law requires & my assessment of the risks Dan's suggested means would have produced; not only for him but mostly for me.

I could bother one of my relatives to send me links to the specific state statutes, but, shit, I may not be lazy, but I'm not that not lazy. And, anyway, what are the odds anyone will actually read this and give a shit?

So, if by some miracle I am brief, (yeah, blew that away already), here goes:

1.Title  (ownership) of vehicle is whomever the DMV records show it to be. Period. 

2. Owner of vehicle so Titled is the party/person(s) held liable, in civil law and, potentially, in criminal law. AND is the party held responsible for proof of state law required minimum insurance coverage.

3. DMV law requires ALL motor vehicles permitted to use public roads to be: Titled to Owner per DMV records current, Insured at law minimum required and Registered/Plated, BEFORE being considered to be lawfully operated upon the public roadways.

4. No insurance coverage can exist as valid when ALL state motor vehicle laws are NOT fully complied with. 

5. I, as my beemer, are located at Point A, well within the boundaries of this Big Titty, No Pity City, Chicago, wallowing in the swamp of Crook County, and located within the boundaries of the lovely state of Illnois. I know my city. I know my county. Boy, do I know my city and county. I know the risks of this fellow Dan's proposals were not only his risks, but were mostly risks to me. Risks that Dan did not see fit to address with anything other than poo pooing them. 

6. Had Dan shown any indication of sincere intent to fully comply with relevant Illinois law here, thus removing unlawful risks, both of criminal law and civil liability law, and presented a sane and lawful plan, presuming he actually chose to 'jump on the deal', he'd have my beemer and she would no longer be my beemer. 

7. The above concerning the risks of Illinois law are rendered moot when transporting vehicle via trailer or flat bed. And I cringe at the thought of still my beemer being dragged down the roads of this city, hanging from the ass end of a tow truck. In this city's traffic. With the kinds of lunatic, unlicensed knuckleheads to be dodged at any moment on our lovely city's pot holed pocked streets.

I know  my city. I know my county. The rest of my state is soiled by these two entities.

Anyway, the law isn't something to be considered as optional. There is risk in doing so. I chose to not risk my beemer when easy avoidance of risk are obvious and doable.

OK, this is my last post.  I want to wash away the experience of dealing with this dope.

He's terrified of people driving the car because of insurance evidently.  So I asked if I could start the car, drive it back and forth 10 feet to make sure it runs and stops and let it idle so I know it won't overheat.  This was unacceptable to him.   

And, of course, by this time we were relegated to calling each other names.  I'm unchecking the "Notify me of replies."

Good luck and GFYS..

A gentleman previously posted the thought that this beemer needs to be saved, restored and driven, aka be appreciated. He is spot on and my sentiments concur.

So far, of the 4 steps of any transaction, none have progressed passed #2 to #3. For whatever reasons.

Step #1. Post for sale ad and await response(s). 

Step #2. Reply to responses, answering questions, providing requested images and offering any who propose a viewing/i spection the opportunity to suggest a few convinient to them days and times, one of which will most assuredly be agreeable and doable to me.

Step#3. Await response(s) to setting day and time appointment and, if/when said appt is set, proceed to step#4.

Step #4. Viewing/Inspection/Assesment either leads to no longer interested in continuing, or continue to see if agreement can be reached. If not, that is that. If so, complete agreed upn transaction and that is also that.

Thus, I hold steady and await the future developements, whaever they may come to be.

"Oldman"

Please, try to conduct yourself with some degree of reason and common sense. Your tiresome and cryptic replies full of over-inflated speech dressed as some kind of prose or "schtick" only serves to divorce you from reality and approach. We're all 2002 enthusiasts here or we wouldn't spend part of our time on this board. Your desire for the "perfect" customer has put decorum and judgement, in the back seat. Try to remember that the next time you address an interested party or might I suggest taking your car and it's ad somewhere else. 

Good luck selling your car.

• Like 5

Nuova Strada

www.nuovastrada.com

1 hour ago, emmodg said:

"Oldman"

Please, try to conduct yourself with some degree of reason and common sense. Your tiresome and cryptic replies full of over-inflated speech dressed as some kind of prose or "schtick" only serves to divorce you from reality and approach. We're all 2002 enthusiasts here or we wouldn't spend part of our time on this board. Your desire for the "perfect" customer has put decorum and judgement, in the back seat. Try to remember that the next time you address an interested party or might I suggest taking your car and it's ad somewhere else. 

Very well said... I agree 100%

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

So, emmodg, are you interested in buying my offered for sale 1974 BMW 2002? Yes? No? Maybe? Maybe not? ?????

This is the pinnacle web site for, as the web address so succincntly defines, BMW model 2002, square tail, round tail, the era of the late 1960's to mid 1970's, (after which the plague of urgent, immediate emission controls hysteria's descended upon the lands), enthusiasts, aficionados, fans, admirers, etc.

It also attracts those who consider an object held with great affection by some, to be an object of excellent potential increasing value. Not enthusiasts for anything but the potential increase in value. These some are pleased whenever they see yet another beemer hit the scrap yard. These some are not the buyer I am awaiting. 

The top of this for sale post has pics, as requested, inqueries from interested persons, answers and the standing offer to agree to a convenient time frame for an in the flesh inspection of my offered for sale.

Authentic enthusiasts pay attention to what mattters. Sincere interested persons pay attention to what matters. Honest, sincere, authentic, interested enthusiasts pay attention to what matters.

So, emmodg, are you interested in buying my offered for sale 1974 BMW 2002? Yes? No? Maybe? Maybe not? ?????

14 hours ago, emmodg said:

"Oldman"

yep....dude speaks well enough to be unintelligible - suggested reading