• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best fitting period wheels

My Campys (as used by Schnitzer and imported by Hubert Hahne) as requested in 5.5x13 their Number is 40512 and ATS 4 Spoke 6x13

and Kronprinz 5,5x13

If you want I can take a show off photo with 12 of these Campys

IMG_2385_k.JPG

IMG_2384_k.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

Edited by uai
  • Like 1

Obvioulsy, this is a deep question that involves your self image and how you envision your car.  :)

Wheels change the look of the car, that’s why everyone frets and dithers and gesticulate about them.  And they say a lot about you as a person.  

Some wheels are overtly racy, some are classy, some look like they came off a rally car, some look expensive.  So it really comes down a little bit to how you want your car to come off.  

On my ‘72 tii, I think the factory alloys looked the best.  Classy looking, not super sporty, necessarily.  Restrained, but handsome.  They fit the vibe of the car.  

I have 5.5” Borrani steel wheels on it now, and those wheels along with the prominent fog lights (with white covers so they really stick out) on the front give it more of a “rally” personality.  Less formal, less stuffy.  An older guy that was looking at it in a parking lot even said that - “it looks like a rally car...”. 

So you have to think conceptually about your car.  

On to your personality...

If you feel like you are a smart person that has to be better than everyone else, then you need to find something period, cool, and obscure as hell.  Like, no one can even find a brochure on what you have.   Then you will feel fulfilled and satisfied. ;)

Of course I’m just kidding.  

Or am I?  

Scott

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

19 hours ago, saaron said:

Obvioulsy, this is a deep question that involves your self image and how you envision your car.  :)

Wheels change the look of the car, that’s why everyone frets and dithers and gesticulate about them.  And they say a lot about you as a person.  

Some wheels are overtly racy, some are classy, some look like they came off a rally car, some look expensive.  So it really comes down a little bit to how you want your car to come off.  

On my ‘72 tii, I think the factory alloys looked the best.  Classy looking, not super sporty, necessarily.  Restrained, but handsome.  They fit the vibe of the car.  

I have 5.5” Borrani steel wheels on it now, and those wheels along with the prominent fog lights (with white covers so they really stick out) on the front give it more of a “rally” personality.  Less formal, less stuffy.  An older guy that was looking at it in a parking lot even said that - “it looks like a rally car...”. 

So you have to think conceptually about your car.  

On to your personality...

If you feel like you are a smart person that has to be better than everyone else, then you need to find something period, cool, and obscure as hell.  Like, no one can even find a brochure on what you have.   Then you will feel fulfilled and satisfied. ;)

Of course I’m just kidding.  

Or am I?  

Scott

A for effort! wow.

• Like 1

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I had these 1980's E21 13x6 BMW sport wheels 4" back spacing laying around so I used them to get car on ground, I put 175/70/13 on them, I have adjustable coil over bilsteins all the way around, ,No drive train in car so it's up a little in front

68 02 pic.jpg

• Like 1