• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Question

I am completing my restoration of my 1973 Tii. I am having trouble figuring out why my heater fan works when the key is not in the ignition and my turn signals when turned left or right without the key in the ignition the front and back driving lights come on the side that you are turning the blinker not the blinker light itself the driving light they stay on do not blink other than that everything works properly any help would be appreciated

The heater is wired wrong it should only come on when the key is in the run position, the turns are used as parking lights in Europe so should come on when the stalk is in the left or right position that side should light up and not blink.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Depending on when your car was made, the lights doing that are parking light mode. If I understand you correctly.

As far as the fan is concerned, you are going to have to look at a wiring diagram and trace your wires. Power from  terminal 15  (Green) on keyswitch to fuse #4 to Green Brown wire to the plug #45 to the motor. the paper on the back side of the fuse box has the color codes on each side of the fuse.

The ground side of the fan motor (yellow, violet, black) goes to the blower switch #44 then to ground point #51 Brown

• Like 1

Do you know if your ignition switch is dead when the key is in the off position?
When in the accessory position (past "off") the blower circuit is supposed to be live, then cut off at "off", then active again after you start and key returns to run position

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!