• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Vintage Punch List - New Wiper Blades

Not to cast storm clouds, but I was checking the weather for this weekend.  Rain, rain, more rain.  Greenville SC, Asheville NC, Hot Springs NC.  I figured if I post this, then there is a chance that I'll remember to get new wiper blades beforehand.  

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

4 hours ago, 73tiiDavidPA said:

Not to cast storm clouds, but I was checking the weather for this weekend.  Rain, rain, more rain.  Greenville SC, Asheville NC, Hot Springs NC.  I figured if I post this, then there is a chance that I'll remember to get new wiper blades beforehand.  

Nothing we can't handle.  Rain x is your friend.  Weather can be vastly different in these places.  I drove to Pittsburgh in some horrible rain in 2009.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Yup. My wipers are mediocre at best and haven't figured out the headlight situation. And I don't really trust my car very much honestly to have to work on it on the shoulder during rain would just suck.

I'm not risking the drive with my buddy riding copilot. I was chancing it in the dry... there's next yr I suppose.

I’m weighing the decision of canceling as well. I’m also in perhaps a more unique situation as I booked a tent camping spot at Hot Springs resort. It’s not the driving in the rain part that’s the concern. It’s the driving 6 hrs for two nights sleeping in the rain. Not a definite and going to wait til last minute to decide. 

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

15 hours ago, jgerock said:

Rain x is your friend.

Yes, agreed.  Still have an ample supply of Rain X from my son's karting days where it was obligatory at a whole different level...

P1000736.JPG

Edited by 73tiiDavidPA
typo

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

Looks like rain both Friday and Saturday morning with some passing thunderstorms throughout the afternoon and into the evening. Not ideal but I guess it could be worse!?!