• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro seats are here- 5 sets and back seat kits

hktbmw

57 minutes ago, Coastalcrush408 said:

Posting a price let’s others that are in the market know what the going rate for these seats are. Posting individual prices for each set would benefit us all. You know what you have into each set even with all the currency change over and you know what you’d like to get for them, why not post a price? Looks like you’re able to do it on EBay...

I am honestly confused as to how i should reply to this message. I have posted seats for sale on this forum for almost 3 years in this same manor with no complaints. I have replied immediately to every single request I ever received. I am proud of my prices and i am certainly not trying to hide them. Yes, i do post my seats on ebay but I am prohibited by ebay for advertising elsewhere for a lower price. If i was to list prices on this forum they would have to be the same as my ebay prices which are higher than my current average forum selling prices. In order to post the lowest prices possible on here i wouldn't be able to list on ebay, i make most of my sales on ebay so i cant do that. I am sorry that my posts are not letting others know market price at a quick glance, but thats better than posting a fee inflated price i think. I don't want to post inflated prices because then the polite and happy customers pay more than the people who nickel and dime me, i dont like that. I would much prefer to reply to messages with a straight forward price.... I hope this answers your question and I am sorry if you found my priceless post to be frustrating. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, hktbmw said:

I am honestly confused as to how i should reply to this message. I have posted seats for sale on this forum for almost 3 years in this same manor with no complaints. I have replied immediately to every single request I ever received. I am proud of my prices and i am certainly not trying to hide them. Yes, i do post my seats on ebay but I am prohibited by ebay for advertising elsewhere for a lower price. If i was to list prices on this forum they would have to be the same as my ebay prices which are higher than my current average forum selling prices. In order to post the lowest prices possible on here i wouldn't be able to list on ebay, i make most of my sales on ebay so i cant do that. I am sorry that my posts are not letting others know market price at a quick glance, but thats better than posting a fee inflated price i think. I don't want to post inflated prices because then the polite and happy customers pay more than the people who nickel and dime me, i dont like that. I would much prefer to reply to messages with a straight forward price.... I hope this answers your question and I am sorry if you found my priceless post to be frustrating. 

That makes sense to me. I wasn’t aware of Ebay limitations in regards to selling an item elsewhere. Thanks for the clarity. 

• Thanks 1

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

• 2 months later...

Not sure what the headache is all about when the price for these seats is not posted, and seems to come up whenever he posts.  The guy has enough positive feedback on the forum.  If you see something you like, send a PM.  If the price he relays to you works, then buy them.  If not, then move in down the road.  I am personally happy to see this product offered and hope to get a set.  Let's not sour a good thing just because there's a quibble about protocol.

• Like 2

Squares need love, too....
'76 Polaris '02; '76 Granatrot '02 (20th US car built for '76); '76 Schwarz '02 (acquired 9/20/17)

It's very strange but HTKBMW has responded to any messages lately. Hope everything is ok? I have bought 2 sets of Recaro front seats from him and 1 rear seat. If I remember correctly the rear seat alone is $500 but you might get a discount on that if you buy the fronts at the same time. 

Also, the rear seat is a cover only. You have to install that once it arrives. I just did it and it was kind of a fun rewarding job. Otherwise, a local upholstery shop quoted me $200 to replace the foam and put the cover on my frames for about $200. The craftsmanship is awesome with the cover and I couldn't be happier. 

• Like 1

hi guys. i'm here, but i've been slack on my message replies lately... i started one of those 9-5 jobs that i have always heard so much about. i'd have to say i'm not completely sold on the concept.

as for seats, i have 2 new sets for sale

i have a few more back seat kits in stock too.

i have a set of gradation SRA or SR3. this set has an A base, for those of you who are 36 waist or bigger. lumbar support pumps. sides and backs in retro black, centers in retro Gradation

and i have a set of LSD seats that are HOT. This is a rare set that i had set aside for a personal project that was never completed. Then i started working on them for @irdave's project. irdave ended up going with a different set due to time constraints....  anyway, they are for sale now. this is a very aggressive fitment. the LS sides really hug the body, while the D base is the most aggressive base available. When new, this combination was only available special order from Recaro, never as OEM like many of the other combinations. 

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

you said, "I am prohibited by ebay for advertising elsewhere for a lower price"

i don't care one way or the other, i'm not a buyer but your statement simply is not true...there are 1000's of ebay sellers that have retail establishments and1000's of internet businesses that sell off ebay...and list prices both places...ebay and other sale prices absolutely do not have to be the same

i do and have for 15 years...imho... if you're advertising here, you should list the prices

Who cares- prices-  Yeah, it's not as convenient, but he doesn't dork around about it.  He was direct with me.  Speaking of which, holy crap did those LSD seats come out nice!  My SR3's showed up last week, took 9 weeks, and are beautiful!  I'm going to get 2 birds with one stone and get pictures for you and esty with her new color carpet kit in the car.

For anybody thinking about it, they take a little while to get here, but they are nice.

Edited by irdave
  • Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Your seats are so nice and look to be worth every penny.

Please don't get discouraged from negative comments and stop selling on here... I'd like to buy from you one day!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

There are a lot of us that have and like our tan interior. Have you thought about other colours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I would love to do tan seats.    Over the past few years on this form I have gotten many requests for tan, tobacco Brown, other brown, and marine blue.   Normally when people ask for these colors I asked them to snip a piece from under their backseat and send it to me. Color matching is very hard over the computer, a physical sample works much better. So far I’ve had customers send me tobacco Brown and the other brown. I failed to find a match for the other brown but I found a very very close match for tobacco Brown. I have sold quite a few sets of those  tobacco Brown  on this forum. Just today someone told me they were sending me a marine blue sample.  DM me for my address if you are interested, thanks!