• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overwhelming Wires and Hoses

murphykevin15

I finally got my rebuilt engine bolted into the engine bay and as I look at my creation I am completely overwhelmed by the hoses, vacuum lines, and wiring that run every direction. after sitting for ten years I'm sure they all need to be replaced and redone. I'm looking for any advice on how to refit all of them properly (hose/ vacuum/wiring schematics?) and where I can get all the proper wires and hose lines. Does someone make a kit with all the hoses? Are there fewer connections than I'm picturing? 

Thank you greatly in advance.

Do you have any friends with 2002s? Having one to look at in person and take a few pictures / notes would go a long way...these guys will help...

image.jpg

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

15 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

If you look over at the right hand side of these four responses, you will see where each of us lives (roughly). 

Adding your location to your profile might encourage your 2002 neighbors to visit you, or to invite you over to look at their car(s).

:) 

That works only in Australia!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

20 minutes ago, ray_ said:

That works only in Australia!

Hey! There's 1,000's of miles between us all here. It's a long way to ride on a kangaroo. 

It's simpler than you think (thankfully they are not as complex as later cars). If you are putting smog equipment back into service it's a little more complex but still straightforward. Just start with one type of service such as 'fuel lines' or 'cooling' Google search on here for details and then systematically work through from beginning to end. Make sure when you finish there are no open vacuum ports into the intake manifold. 

• Haha 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Oh, dear, you've never crawled up into the dash of an E46, have you?

Or a Saab 9000?

Or even an FJ60...

You'll get it.  There's not that much...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

23 minutes ago, TobyB said:

Oh, dear, you've never crawled up into the dash of an E46, have you?

Or a Saab 9000?

Or even an FJ60...

You'll get it.  There's not that much...

t

Yeah, a 2002 is very simple compared to some. I remember seeing the wiring behind the instrument cluster that had been removed on a Rolls Royce from the same era as the 2002 - looked like a plate full of spaghetti!