• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 Tii 5-Speed Fjord w/ Sunroof

danco_

Price: $30000

Description:

Hey guys, selling my 74 tii. I've put it on ebay a few times and have gotten many bites, but only one person has had time to see the car (which I strongly encourage). Maybe this is a car for you guys, as you may know someone who is interested. If you bring me a buyer for this car, I'll gift you $500 and some special parts. 

This 1974 BMW 2002tii is a thoughtfully restored square taillight model that features Euro chrome bumpers, flush side-markers, high-quality repaint, a 5-speed transmission, limited slip differential, and other high quality cosmetic touches inside and out. The restoration process began in 2000 and resulted in a 12-year restoration, and service records and receipts from the restoration date back to 2003 and total over $45k. 

A southern California car it's entire life (receipts dating back to 1976) the previous owner purchased the car from a UC Irvine professor, and then went through extensive restoration of exterior, interior, engine bay, suspension, driveline, and all other systems. This car was maintained at Schneider Motors from 1977 until 1998 with supporting documentation. The previous owner has been a member of the Tii Registry since 1984, with many mail and print documents to support. This tii is numbers matching. All VINs match with one another, and are where they should be on the car. 

Exterior was painted locally (Long Beach, Ca) through the assistance of Coupe King. This 2002 tii was painted the factory-correct color of Fjord Blue Metallic. , During preparation, all US side-markers were removed and European bumpers replaced the large impact bumpers, refining the exterior of the car. At the same time, all exterior trim and rubber gaskets were replaced with new, OEM units. European bumpers, and a series of other parts were sourced through Aardvarc Racing in Southern California. With the trim also came new center and side grilles, new tail light lenses, all BMW emblems and model emblems as well. There is no structural rust present on this car. 

-The only exterior issues I would notate are on the sunroof panel itself (scratches present) where there was a slight rubbing of the panel and the inner roof. This can be left as-is, or remedied.

Interior was also meticulously gone through. The dash has zero cracks, tii clock was rebuilt using Hollywood Speedometers, as was the gauge cluster, freshly rewrapped 320iS steering wheel, rebuilt and modified center console (with three gauges (coolant temp, oil pressure, voltage)), CD player w/ radio (good sound system), fresh Recaro Seats with matching rear seat velour (also commissioned from Aardvarc Racing). The seats do a wonderful job matching the color of the new BMW door cards. OEM BMW Square Weave Wool Carpet was also installed, fresh headliner, and all new rear view mirror and Golde sunroof crank handle replaced at the same time (does not sag and works correctly). I should also mention that the air box and fan were completely overhauled and rebuilt. This includes the heater core and it's valve. Every interior button, or electrical unit works correctly. 

Engine was completely gone through and rebuilt through JF Pro or Jack Fahuna in Hollywood, Ca. JF Pro rebuilt the engine, kugelfischer pump, injectors, warm up regulator, new water pump, thermostat, radiator, etc. The crank was refinished, coated, and lightened as per Jack Fahuna and the accompanying receipts. The engine was "blueprinted" and all rotating parts balanced before the rebuilt, original head was mated to the block. All work was completed 27,000 miles ago (Year 2004) as per detailed receipts. Engine runs incredibly strong and has every single one of it's 130hp.

At the time of engine-out rebuild. PO sourced a rebuilt Getrag 245 5-speed Transmission, rebuilt 3.91 Limited Slip Differential, and all ancillary/supporting modifications to make this work correctly and efficiently. With this came fresh suspension bushings, Bilstein HD Shocks and Struts, Suspension Technique swaybars and sport lowering springs, Miller Norburn fixed-camber plates, IE front strut bar, Top End Performance Rear Battery Tray, and various other modifications that made the car tighter, allowing the car to take corners flatter and with more confidence. These modifications can be reversed in the event that stock suspension was once again pursued. The ride quality of this car is firm but extremely street-able. Of all the older guys who have driven this car, not a single person has negatively remarked at the suspension set up. This car was build to drive confidently around the country or around the corner to your local coffee shop. It does both very well. The brakes are well-maintained and feature stainless steel lines. They stop the car well with no known issues.

In the last four months, this 2002 tii has undergone change of all fluids, new OEM motor mounts, new Starter, new Battery, coco mats, trunk panel refresh, door lock/gaskets refresh, door brakes replaced, euro turn signals, and many other things that significantly improved the car. All work was performed by myself or Jeff Tighe of Tighe Productions in Costa Mesa, Ca.

This particular 2002 tii is in better condition than my other tii's, all of which are driven regularly around Newport Beach, Ca. I am selling because I have agreed to help out a family member with his growing business, as well as focus on another 911 project that I have been meaning to get to. I continue to drive the car every week, so the mileage will increase slightly.

Please see photos for greater details and reach out to me directly for questions. I would prefer you come see the car before you purchase, so you can get a sense of it's incredible condition.

As should be expected, this car is sold as-is, where-is, with no warranty expressed or implied. Not that it should matter, because it's one of the greatest 1974 Tii's to exist, and it happens to be for sale. Please note that I am accepting offers for the car. If it is a reasonable offer, I will consider it. 

For more photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4XGYzp

I will take a video of the car running and driving and post here by Tuesday Afternoon. 

Thank you for looking,
Ryan
(310) 916-7751

tii_-2.jpg

tii_-3.jpg

tii_-4.jpg

tii_-5.jpg

tii_-6.jpg

tii_-7.jpg

tii_-8.jpg

tii_-9.jpg

tii_-10.jpg

tii_-11.jpg

tii_-12.jpg

tii_-13.jpg

tii_-14.jpg

tii_-15.jpg

tii_-16.jpg

tii_-17.jpg

tii_-18.jpg

tii_-19.jpg

tii_-20.jpg

tii_-21.jpg

tii_-22.jpg

tii_-23.jpg

tii_-24.jpg

tii_-25.jpg

tii_-26.jpg

tii_-27.jpg

tii_-28.jpg

tii_-29.jpg

tii_-30.jpg

tii_-31.jpg

tii_-32.jpg

tii_-33.jpg

tii_-34.jpg

tii_-35.jpg

tii_-36.jpg

tii_-37.jpg

tii_-38.jpg

tii_-39.jpg

tii_-40.jpg

tii_-41.jpg

tii_-42.jpg

tii_-43.jpg

tii_-44.jpg

tii_-45.jpg

tii_-46.jpg

tii_-47.jpg

tii_-48.jpg

tii_-49.jpg

tii_-50.jpg

tii_-51.jpg

tii_-52.jpg

tii_-53.jpg

tii_-54.jpg

tii_-55.jpg

tii_-56.jpg

tii_-57.jpg

tii_-58.jpg

tii_-59.jpg

tii_-60.jpg

tii_-61.jpg

tii_-62.jpg

tii_-63.jpg

tii_-64.jpg

tii_-65.jpg

tii_-66.jpg

tii_-67.jpg

tii_-70.jpg

tii_.jpg

tii alloys_-4.jpg

tii alloys_-5.jpg

tii alloys_-6.jpg

• Like 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

i just saw the car listed on ebay and am only thinking out loud...so take my thoughts with a grain of salt...it's been my observation of ebay sales that cars with a big start price never seem to get off the ground whereas, starting with a small number like $1000 and a reserve tends to get a lot of interest...maybe it's the mentality of trying to raise the bid quickly to try and find the reserve price...or one bidder seeing there are others interested as well so bidding becomes a competitive sport to see who will piss the farthest

i've sold only 2 cars on ebay using low start price with a reserve, neither met the reserve but in both case, i happily accepted the highest bid and moved the cars...

best luck with the sale, it's a nice car

Minus 2 points: the screw caps are missing from the brake reservoir screws.

Minus 1 point: The ugly version of locking gas cap in place.

Plus 3 points: the retaining bracket for the vapor tank is present.

;-)

Edited by ray_
typeeing

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

57 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Minus 2 points: the screw caps are missing from the brake reservoir screws.

Minus 1 point: The ugly version of lacking gas cap in place.

Plus 3 points: the retaining bracket for the vapor tank is present.

;-)

So basically I'm at Zero. No gain no loss. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

On 7/31/2017 at 7:43 PM, danco_ said:

So basically I'm at Zero. No gain no loss. 

One might deduct for using a long corner style rear bumper instead of the short one as per the turbo. And maybe not going with German type hose clamps at .25 each. 

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

2 hours ago, conkitchen said:

One might deduct for using a long corner style rear bumper instead of the short one as per the turbo. And maybe not going with German type hose clamps at .25 each. 

Valid, but both are moot points. The hose clamps, I'm in agreeance. The long bumper ends? Merely a style choice. The truly questionable addition is the turbo spoiler. The rest can be argued for, and in confidence. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards